First Target Gold

abenson

12 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Fantastic videos Andrew.  What's cool is you were able to score a gold ring on your 1st dig.  You got me beat my friend as I dug that diamond ring the 1st day I used it, the 1st hour, but it was the 2nd target.

Anyway, I just watched a few of those videos and you really do a great job showing the results for that hind of hunt.   VLF's in that salt are actually better than the PI's as they get close to the same max depths but all targets less are providing more info to the VLF's.

Well done my friend.

Thanks Gerry. Yea I was really surprised to find a gold ring first target dug.

If you're talking about the VLF vs PI video, I'm getting plenty of comments about the Manticore not being setup right. Which I expected. The only thing I can try different on the Manticore is a suggestion from NASA Tom to put it in prospecting audio to get that 16" nickel to sound better and possibly be able to run the sensitivity higher without falsing. I will be trying that next time I get out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, abenson said:

Thanks Gerry. Yea I really surprised to find a gold ring first target dug.

If you're talking about the VLF vs PI video, I'm getting plenty of comments about the Manticore not being setup right. Which I expected. The only thing I can try different on the Manticore is a suggestion from NASA Tom to put it in prospecting audio to get that 16" nickel to sound better and possibly be able to run the sensitivity higher without falsing. I will be trying that next time I get out.

The battle cry issued by video critics and defenders of the one true detector around the world - “You did not have (insert fanboy model here) set up right!!” :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The battle cry issued by video critics and defenders of the one true detector around the world - “You did not have (insert fanboy model here) set up right!!” :laugh: :laugh:

Yep, none of them expect the winner was setup correctly LOL.

What most people fail to understand is that this isn't your normal saltwater beach. Even after my disclaimer at the beginning of the video, people still try to give advice as if it were on a regular beach.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, abenson said:

Yep, none of them expect the winner was setup correctly LOL.

I thought you had them set up fairly...neither the Deus nor the Manticore were in their Pitch/Deep audio modes. I'll admit I'm a Minelab fan boy but I'll buy any detector that gives me an advantage...just plugged in my Deus 2 to the charger...took a few minutes to get it to connect properly 😁 Good videos keep em coming. 

strick 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, strick said:

I thought you had them set up fairly...neither the Deus nor the Manticore were in their Pitch/Deep audio modes. I'll admit I'm a Minelab fan boy but I'll buy any detector that gives me an advantage...just plugged in my Deus 2 to the charger...took a few minutes to get it to connect properly 😁 Good videos keep em coming. 

strick 

Thanks. I personally don't like pitch audio, it hurts my ears with headphones on. But next time I'm out I plan on trying pitch on the Deus and prospecting on the Manticore ro see if there is a difference. They are pretty dang close in depth. I just think the D2 has better audio and is easily to hear. But that could change using prospecting on the Manticore.

• Like 2