Metal Detecting In China?

2 hours ago, 中国 张 said:

has arrived in China Looking forward to wonderful results

Congratulations. 

This probably needs a thread of its own but, can you detect for gold in China?  It isn’t something that I thought the government would allow.  Can you keep everything you find? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Congratulations. 

This probably needs a thread of its own but, can you detect for gold in China?  It isn’t something that I thought the government would allow.  Can you keep everything you find? 

Very curious here too. I know someone in Macau and she said basically not possible for foreign people, and even for Chinese citizens it would be difficult due to government as well as some organized crime in rural areas. But clearly it is possible for some people...

I'd be interested to know more, just for general interest. 

• Like 3

I always believed that China was listed as one of the countries that you cant take your detector to and that metal detecting by the public was banned.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, dsb said:

He has youtube and facebook pages.  One about meteorite hunting, looks like semi desert area. 

A couple vids there from Australia and Mongolia. Nothing defo Chinese....suppose the China/Mongolia border lands would be perfect if China was off limits.

Ha… she’ll like that, there must be some interesting things to detect around those temple buildings Im certain no detector coil has ever swung there, old coins at the very least and the coins would be keepers I’d think.

• Like 1