Metal Detecting In China?

On 1/17/2023 at 5:13 AM, Swegin said:

Thanks for the photo's.  Any idea what is written on that big rock you two are standing next to?

Swegin, The rock quotes Confucius, “Heavy rock lift with your legs not your back,” and the sign warns “park at your own risk, wild monkey area”…

No just kidding sorry, actually the rock has written on it an old Chinese proverb about an imaginary perfect world and The first sign is a tribute to an ancient Chinese god Fuxi, this is Fuxi canyon, and no I can’t read it I had to ask.

googling Fuxi Canyon, I was surprised to learn that is a major tourist attraction rivaling the Grand Canyon even complete with its own skywalk, although on my friends property we didn’t see anyone our group was all alone. This is the same general area in and around Xinmi, but some distance away, the stone quarried there at my friends mine is called Xinmi Yu, Yu is the Chinese word for Jade, Yu is also fish or Octopus depending on context or inflection. My Wife’s name is Zhang Yu, “Octopus.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2023 at 6:29 AM, jasong said:

Very curious here too. I know someone in Macau and she said basically not possible for foreign people, and even for Chinese citizens it would be difficult due to government as well as some organized crime in rural areas. But clearly it is possible for some people...

I'd be interested to know more, just for general interest. 

Hey mate,

I am from China so my understanding is a no go. If you found gold or relics and was known to government, you will need to hand them in otherwise you will be in trouble.

Having said that, since China is big and there are many places with long history, it is possible that you found gold and keep it to yourself. A month ago I saw a guy post anonamously a pic of gold decration he found. Looks good and should worth some money. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have detected in Vietnam, but only found Russian coins. Gold has been detected in some parts of Vietnam, but seeing how there are still mines and shells in the area you would probably need to leave any big signals.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 2

On 1/18/2023 at 2:17 PM, 1515Art said:

My Wife’s name is Zhang Yu, “Octopus.”

I wish I was an octopus, GPZ, GPX Nox, 24k, manticore, CTX ect all at once I would quadruple my finds easily. 😁

China has outstanding ancient history and beautiful architecture.  A detector users dream land.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I wish I was an octopus, GPZ, GPX Nox, 24k, manticore, CTX ect all at once I would quadruple my finds easily. 😁

China has outstanding ancient history and beautiful architecture.  A detector users dream land.

My little Octopus will be over there in a couple months I should have some idea what the score is… then, wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more: (Monty Python).

A few years back I had a Jade website, the blog discussed Jade and ceramic art, one day cruising google rabbit holes I found an entire page from my blog used on a China tourism travel website… China, a likely tag word, guess they read what we (all of us) write I’d guess?

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:18 AM, 中国 张 said:

Thank you for your attention to China's detection. It is true that detection in China is more complicated. There is no clear regulation that prohibits the use of metal detectors, but the things you find will belong to the country. If they are rare and expensive, it will be more troublesome, but if they are common items. , or you can keep it yourself. Anyway, if a good thing is detected, you have to hand it in, otherwise it will be very troublesome, and no one will care if you keep the low-value item. China's current detector market is still good, XP, MINELAB, NOKTA, GARRETT, and other brands have market shares. In my area, there are many gold detectors, minelab, GPZ/GPX5000/6000 monster1000 XPorx Garett 24K, basically these are the main ones. Recently introduced, NF Z-17*13 inch coil, and coiltek HAWK coil. Looking forward to their perfect performance. Share it with everyone! Thanks! !

谢谢大家,指导关注!!

You mention many gold detectors in your area, if I may ask in what part of China are you?

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:18 AM, 中国 张 said:

Thank you for your attention to China's detection. It is true that detection in China is more complicated. There is no clear regulation that prohibits the use of metal detectors, but the things you find will belong to the country. If they are rare and expensive, it will be more troublesome, but if they are common items. , or you can keep it yourself. Anyway, if a good thing is detected, you have to hand it in, otherwise it will be very troublesome, and no one will care if you keep the low-value item. China's current detector market is still good, XP, MINELAB, NOKTA, GARRETT, and other brands have market shares. In my area, there are many gold detectors, minelab, GPZ/GPX5000/6000 monster1000 XPorx Garett 24K, basically these are the main ones. Recently introduced, NF Z-17*13 inch coil, and coiltek HAWK coil. Looking forward to their perfect performance. Share it with everyone! Thanks! !

谢谢大家,指导关注!!

您對中國的金屬探測非常了解,您熟悉新疆的位置嗎?