Metal Detecting In China?

On 1/20/2023 at 9:13 PM, 1515Art said:

你提到你所在地区有很多黄金探测器,请问你在中国的哪个地区?

Northwest China, along the Altay Mountains/Tianshan Mountains/Altun Mountains, Xinjiang/Gansu/Qinghai/Tibet/and near Kazakhstan. I am in Urumqi, Xinjiang.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2023 at 1:47 AM, 中国 张 said:
Northwest China, along the Altay Mountains/Tianshan Mountains/Altun Mountains, Xinjiang/Gansu/Qinghai/Tibet/and near Kazakhstan. I am in Urumqi, Xinjiang.

Thank you for the reply, if someone wanted to buy a detector Axiom, 6000 or say Gold monster? A pick like an Apex or similar and some type of plastic scoop the basic stuff someone might need what is the cost for those in RMB, or dollars? How do you assure authorized equipment? Are these sold in shops by dealers on the internet, both. We would be interested in your experiences, not finds or locations only information that you are comfortable. Thank You

• Like 2

No word from our new friend in China, he’s located near the border of the Middle East and China or there about anyway I would guess the internet was unreliable, interesting anyway and good to know bringing a detector into and out of China is not prohibited. And artifacts are part of a cultural heritage where ever and just like so much jewelry found by members and returned to owners posted here my guess most would find pride in getting a ribbon a once in a lifetime Kodak moment, then get drunk and tell stories, dinners are usually long and the Bi Jo flows free,lol.  My little poke of nuggets has no value anyway I have no intention of selling any I’d be fine with pictures and memories of the experience. 

• Like 1

I wanna chime in and say I spent some time traveling across China for a work related effort, and it was an absolutely amazing experience.  So many beautiful and fascinating landscapes.  We visited like 28 sites of either geological or cultural significance while there, and ate many strange things boiled in spicy sauce - which was not my favorite part but Id definitely go back. 

While there I couldn't help but think what kind of things could be found with a metal detector, so many people and so much history, just everywhere.   Like outdoor shopping malls built around thousand year old temples.  But also... the littering and trash is on another level.  it seemed like no one cared. just tossing trash wherever.  it was alarming, especially as a detectorist.  lol. 

When I got back I spent some time on youtube watching videos of folks finding some interesting things out in what I assume were rural areas.  Like old helmets and other artifacts , as well as some large coins.  pretty neat.

The police presence was very imposing in the cities though.  Id want to be darn sure I could hunt that city park before I ever started and have some kind of printed proof.  ..we drew a lot of attention as it was. 

But this is interesting and I look forward to reading more about it.  There is a person from possibly somewhere in or near Mongolia in one of the fb deus groups that posts occasionally a handful of coins.  pretty neat stuff. 

• Like 5

On 1/27/2023 at 10:43 AM, MrLee said:

我想插话说,我花了一些时间在中国各地旅行以进行与工作相关的工作,这绝对是一次了不起的经历。如此多美丽迷人的风景。我们在那里参观了大约 28 个具有地质或文化意义的遗址,吃了很多用辣酱煮的奇怪的东西——这不是我最喜欢的部分,但我肯定会回去。 

在那里我忍不住想用金属探测器能找到什么样的东西,那么多的人和那么多的历史,无处不在。就像围绕千年古庙建造的户外购物中心。而且……乱扔垃圾是另一个层面的问题。似乎没有人关心。到处乱扔垃圾。这令人震惊,尤其是作为一名侦探。哈哈。 

当我回来后,我花了一些时间在 YouTube 上观看人们在我认为是农村地区发现一些有趣事物的视频。像旧头盔和其他文物,还有一些大硬币。很简约。

不过,警察在城市中的存在非常威风。我非常想确定我可以在开始之前去那个城市公园打猎,并有某种印刷证明。..我们吸引了很多关注。 

但这很有趣,我期待阅读更多相关信息。有一个人可能来自蒙古或附近某个地方,在一个 fb deus 小组中,偶尔会发布一些硬币。非常整洁的东西。 

Welcome to China,
The one you ate may be hot pot, it is very numb and spicy!
China's environment is not the best in the world, but it is definitely not the worst. China is also aware of the seriousness of environmental problems and is doing something to make up for it.
Thanks!
The detectors used in China are basically far away from the city, and the surrounding mountainous rivers.

• Like 3

On 1/21/2023 at 3:18 AM, 中国 张 said:

Thank you for your attention to China's detection. It is true that detection in China is more complicated. There is no clear regulation that prohibits the use of metal detectors, but the things you find will belong to the country. If they are rare and expensive, it will be more troublesome, but if they are common items. , or you can keep it yourself. Anyway, if a good thing is detected, you have to hand it in, otherwise it will be very troublesome, and no one will care if you keep the low-value item. China's current detector market is still good, XP, MINELAB, NOKTA, GARRETT, and other brands have market shares. In my area, there are many gold detectors, minelab, GPZ/GPX5000/6000 monster1000 XPorx Garett 24K, basically these are the main ones. Recently introduced, NF Z-17*13 inch coil, and coiltek HAWK coil. Looking forward to their perfect performance. Share it with everyone! Thanks! ! 谢谢大家,指导关注!!

Sounds like Tasmania.

On 1/19/2023 at 12:43 PM, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Hey mate,

I am from China so my understanding is a no go. If you found gold or relics and was known to government, you will need to hand them in otherwise you will be in trouble

100% the same as Tasmania.

• Thanks 1