Equinox 800 Question About Noise While Moving

Gary985112

1 minute ago, midalake said:

Sensitivity rules on the Equinox. Anything I can do to keep my Sensitivity at 20 or above is important. I would not run IB or Recovery above 6 though no matter what. 

Ok thanks for the tip :)I am very new to the terminology, what is "IB"?

1 minute ago, Gary985112 said:

Does ground grab mean "auto ground balancing"? like does that mean to hold the accept/reject button and move your coil? After doing this, do you still need to put it in tracking ground balance mode too on top of that?

Ground Grab is manual ground balance.
Once manual GB is done there should be no reason to re-ground balance unless your soil/sand changes. 

There are many who manual GB then switch Tracking GB on.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gary985112 said:

Does ground grab mean "auto ground balancing"? like does that mean to hold the accept/reject button and move your coil? After doing this, do you still need to put it in tracking ground balance mode too on top of that?

Ground Grab on the Equinox is the same as auto ground balancing since you go into the ground balance setting and gently raise and lower the coil while pressing the Accept/Reject button and the Equinox will automatically choose a ground balance value.

Manual ground balancing is also possible on the Equinox. Sometimes I will go into the ground balance setting after doing a ground grab and press the plus or minus buttons to manually change the value.  

You always have a choice of putting it in tracking if you want. Just press the Accept/Reject button while in the ground balance setting and look for the sine wave symbol...top right.

Keep asking your excellent questions and you will learn the Equinox. Most of us had the same questions 4 years ago.

Also check out the Minelab Equinox Essential Information topic at the top of this Equinox area. Lots of fantastic DIY information in there. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Heya Badger ! Anything diggable uptah your neck of the woods ? Been pretty mild here but the ground is solid ,,,except for Saturday when it hit 52* but Sunday morning  was like a rock..and I don't mean Bob Seeger .

All the woods and even some fields are diggable down here within 10 miles of the coast and just one inch of snow is perfect for gridding. This is my favorite time of year to coin/relic hunt.

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Ground Grab on the Equinox is the same as auto ground balancing since you go into the ground balance setting and gently raise and lower the coil while pressing the Accept/Reject button and the Equinox will automatically choose a ground balance value.

Manual ground balancing is also possible on the Equinox. Sometimes I will go into the ground balance setting after doing a ground grab and press the plus or minus buttons to manually change the value.  

You always have a choice of putting it in tracking if you want. Just press the Accept/Reject button while in the ground balance setting and look for the sine wave symbol...top right.

Keep asking your excellent questions and you will learn the Equinox. Most of us had the same questions 4 years ago.

Also check out the Minelab Equinox Essential Information topic at the top of this Equinox area. Lots of fantastic DIY information in there. 

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation and kind words 🙂 I am feeling a lot better. Such a great community here and I feel very welcome in the forums. 

Thanks again for your time, I am obsessed with learning more and more about this, I feel like I can't stop reading. I detect during the day on my off days and then read every night about detecting. It's a very fun hobby.

• Like 5