Do I Trust My Manticore In The Water?

phrunt

Mine the same ugly glue debris. They don't use silicone gasket and bolts... so I can expect the same crap like with Equinox... but for bigger $.

Mine looks the same but will probably be filled with fine silt and sand before long. Planning to get it wet as soon as the waves calm down. 

I’m no waterproofing expert, it just looked ugly, perhaps it’s perfectly good.  I think it’s glue not silicone it’s not soft.

I guess we have 3 years to find out, at least this time it’s waterproofing has been independently tested to get its rating, I think that’s how IP ratings work.  No point worrying about something that hasn’t happened so at this stage it’s perfectly waterproof.

Mine looks the same basically. I'll probably dunk mine in fresh water this summer and see what happens. I've never hunted in the water, but always wanted to try it. I figure it's better to find out sooner rather than later if it's going to leak.

It seems earlier ones have less or none and later ones are more messy.  Could be coincidence I guess. 

Just completed the Manticores' first 3 hour, saltwater hunt, fully immersed with NO leakage problems at all.

I need a thicker wetsuit!!

• Like 6