Do I Trust My Manticore In The Water?

phrunt

9 hours ago, okara gold said:

I will push mine to its limit in saltwater hunting. That is... neck deep for me. If it leaks, back it goes for a replacement. I will not live in fear of it leaking especially while under warranty. So far, I'm at roughly 50 hours submerged. No problems.

Exactly. You must have a wet suit? Either that or I'm being a wuss about 68 degree water. I just read it jumped up to 75 in the last week at Clearwater Beach, so maybe I'll get wet next trip.

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Exactly. You must have a wet suit? Either that or I'm being a wuss about 68 degree water. I just read it jumped up to 75 in the last week at Clearwater Beach, so maybe I'll get wet next trip.

I use a 3 mm wet suit with an additional 2 mm vest, and sometimes that isn't enough warmth for me. If the sun isn't shining and a wind is blowing it won't take long to get chilled. Right now, we are dealing with periods of Red Tide. Can't even get near some beaches without coughing and eyes tearing.

• Like 2

Hello,

I have the Manticore also and my seal looks good compared to your pics. If I was in your shoes, I'd be dunking the Manticore in the water as much as I could right now because of the warranty that Minelab offers. At least if it does leak, you'll get a new one 🙂

John

• Like 2