New Video From Gary - Full Tones - Pwm Audio

CPT_GhostLight

Gotta say I absolutely love full tones square audio. It's expressive as all get out, and indicates depth by amplitude. I tried pitch today for a while in my custom relic program, and it didn't take long for me to switch back. 😀 Probably the Equinox in me... 😎

• Like 4

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Gotta say I absolutely love full tones square audio. It's expressive as all get out, and indicates depth by amplitude. I tried pitch today for a while in my custom relic program, and it didn't take long for me to switch back. 😀 Probably the Equinox in me... 😎

I can relate. I switched to PWM audio in Pitch Tones for the my modified Silver Slayer and Deep HC programs to force myself to learn the nuances and differences from Square audio, and I have to say I like it. I also have a modified Fast program in Full Tones with PWM audio and I like that too.

I was at an extremely trashy relic site the other day and was using SS Modded program with Pitch tones and Square audio but after a few hours it was beating my ears up, so I switched to my Fast Full Tones with PWM audio and it was much easier to listen to the constant barage of multiple non-ferrous targets tones under the coil. Lordy, where is that D2 10x5" coil when you need it? 😏

I will have to give Square Full Tones another go to see if I can jive with it. Maybe I can test Full Tones Square vs PWM audio the next trip back to Hell's Half Acre, where iron mixed with aluminum and lead is the soil. 😱 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Carolina said:

Thanks. Yes he says he is using full tones. Just did not register in my old brain. Thanks. However he did not say sensitive. I was thinking full tones, pitch, 5,4,3,2 etc.

At 0.20 seconds of the video Gary says "Oh just one note. I'm not using the default Full Tones mode, Sensitive FT. I'm using some of my own tweaks on this one......." after which the video shows the screen clearly and at the top is 3.H2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

At 0.20 seconds of the video Gary says "Oh just one note. I'm not using the default Full Tones mode, Sensitive FT. I'm using some of my own tweaks on this one......." after which the video shows the screen clearly and at the top is 3.H2

At 72 I’m not as sharp as I once was. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I will have to give Square Full Tones another go to see if I can jive with it. Maybe I can test Full Tones Square vs PWM audio the next trip back to Hell's Half Acre, where iron mixed with aluminum and lead is the soil. 😱 

Do be careful with iron volume in this setting, well all volume really. 👍 Shallow targets are a decibel surprise. The first time I used the BH-1 headphones (the detector automatically switches to this mode when using them) shallow iron gave me quite a jolt.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Do be careful with iron volume in this setting, well all volume really. 👍 Shallow targets are a decibel surprise. The first time I used the BH-1 headphones (the detector automatically switches to this mode when using them) shallow iron gave me quite a jolt.

Thanks for the heads-up, I appreciate that! I'll dial that in from the test garden before I take it out in the wild. 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

11 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Lol.  It's definitely a personal choice.  Used square FT yesterday with SS but quickly switched out of it.  PWM, for me, gives more dynamic audio and nuance especially to aluminum targets and square seems to make iron audio and my MI6 pinpointer audio more muffled to my ear.  But note that I also prefer pitch to FT (there are multiple reasons for this primarily having to do with how FT handles discrimination than with the audio).  Bob and I both hunting together yesterday with significantly different D2 audio setups on similar programs with similar results.  If you have to force yourself to use it, then that might be telling you something.  That's why I say personal choice and the best thing is D2 gives you multiple audio options because our level of hearing is different as is the way our brains process the audio after we "train" them certain way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Copy that, Chase, thanks! I'm actually gelling well with PWM audio. The reason I said force myself to learn PWM is because coming from the Nox, Square audio was my comfort zone, but I do feel like I'm getting more info from the PWM squeaks and squawks the more I use it, and I want to learn everything I can about the D2 platform inside and out. 🙂

• Like 1