Xp Deus 2 Software Update

Mikenowellsmith

They've been promising to give us a update for the xp deus 2 the software version I'm still using since June 2022 is 0.71 issue's are clock will not keep time, ground balance doesn't work properly if at all, and EMI issue even after noise cancelling, No problem with depth, but xp deus have been saying they are working on a update, does anyone know if they are bringing out a update or are they just saying that?

There has been an ongoing discussion over in the Deus 11 forum titled {How long are we going to wait?} It appears that the French don't like to rush things?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They don't care... like with Go Terrain App.... 

19 hours ago, Mikenowellsmith said:

They've been promising to give us a update for the xp deus 2 the software version I'm still using since June 2022 is 0.71 issue's are clock will not keep time, ground balance doesn't work properly if at all, and EMI issue even after noise cancelling, No problem with depth, but xp deus have been saying they are working on a update, does anyone know if they are bringing out a update or are they just saying that?

Clock is a known issue and should be addressed in the update which I know is currently being tested in the field (no, not by me) as well as several other issues that have been identified.  I am not directly involved in this effort but know folks who are testers.   Regardless, I have no information on when it is going to be ready for release or specifically what fixes are being addressed as well as any new features.

FWIW - I am having no issues with ground balance functionality and have not heard other complaints about that function, so if you can be more specific about the issues I can see if there is a setup/setting issue or pass it along.  Also, the EMI cancellation allows me to work with the D2 where I can't with the Equinox, so scratching my head on that one too.  About the only place it doesn't work is when I turn the detector on inside my house.   I hunt regularly with another D2 user and his experience with EMI cancellation and ground balance mirror mine.  Specifics would be more helpful vs. generalizations that imply these functions don't work "at all".

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Shelton said:

They don't care... like with Go Terrain App.... 

Understand the frustration, but I think they do care because it ultimately will affect their bottom line with the competition if they don't address the known issues.  But the XP Go Terrain app issue is ridiculous and borders on comical because they have been promising it as a feature for all their Deus/Orx/Deus 2 detectors for at least 5 years, without delivering on that promise.  So I could see a backlash if Go Terrain is still not functional after the next big D2 update.

• Like 2

Ground Balance: It just seems to take forever to do  manual ground balance and then I give up and stop...not going to sit there forever pumping the coil....people watching may think I have some serious issues.  Whats up with that? MInelab seems to have it down to a science takes a few seconds and done with it. How can you trust a machine if you are unsure if it's ground balanced correctly? 

strick

• Like 5

My Deus 2 in the areas I detect where the mineralization meter is 1/2 to 3/4ths full all the time, does take a little bit longer to initially ground balance than my Legend and Equinox especially since there are 3 or 4 increments for each separate ground balance number. It does work fairly well however so I can't complain. However, I haven't had a chance to detect an extremely iron mineralized location with volcanic rocks added in that will constantly peg the meter.

EMI for me is about the same as the Equinox and Legend where I live and detect.

I just wear a watch since the time on the screen is not accurate.

Go Terrain.........I gave up on that years ago.

I hope XP get the known issues sorted out properly. Just don't take years to do it PLEASE!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, strick said:

Ground Balance: It just seems to take forever to do  manual ground balance and then I give up and stop...not going to sit there forever pumping the coil....people watching may think I have some serious issues.  Whats up with that? MInelab seems to have it down to a science takes a few seconds and done with it. How can you trust a machine if you are unsure if it's ground balanced correctly? 

strick

This right here!  It takes at least 12 pumps to get a stable ground balance number.  Too much in my opinion.  Nox takes about half that many pumps to ground balance.  

• Like 5

I do find it takes bit longer to get a stable GB number where there is minimal mineralization.   In those cases I just run with the default (doesn't seem to affect depth in mild soil) or do an instant ground grab (hold the pinpoint button) to match the "actual" GB reading it settles to after swinging the coil for awhile.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My D2 is running just fine. I have notice the clock issue from time to time, but I just check it with my phone's clock before I start detecting and if it's off I just do a quick clock adjust on the D2 and off I go. I really don't care about the clock when I'm out detecting.

I don't care about the Go Terrain app, specially if it's a subscription service. How many people actually used the CTX-3030 version of that? There are better, cheaper phone apps out there.

My ground balance seems to be working fine as well. I too do have to pump it a little more, but whatever, that doesn't bother me. So far, my D2 is performing well and I have way less EMI issues than with my Nox.

So XP, by all means, take your time and get the update right. I'd much rather have a fully tested and working update that doesn't undo the progress made so far, than to have to be a beta tester for new updates every other month.

Meanwhile, I don't mind working around the kinks. There are no perfect products, everything has kinks. It's my job as a consumer to adapt and overcome. 😉 

• Like 6