Xp Deus 2 Software Update

Mikenowellsmith

Clock is the only thing I've noticed, but what do I know. It does take 12+ pumps sometimes to get a good ground balance, but once done it really makes stuff jump out. 👍 I'm glad improvements are on the way, it will make a great detector even greater. 

• Like 6

I see the ground balance slowness here as well, it is just dog slow to settle on a number. Would be nice to be able to set it manually like the D1. I see Mono mode has adjustable ground balance...just wish the M/F programs did as well.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, unox said:

I see the ground balance slowness here as well, it is just dog slow to settle on a number. Would be nice to be able to set it manually like the D1. I see Mono mode has adjustable ground balance...just wish the M/F programs did as well.

This is what XP says in the user's manual regarding why manual GB adjustment is not available for the FMF programs:

1523076909_Screenshot_20230119_094006_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.c544ae43d0c38c7c04053aa66eedca37.jpg

To me it seems that since Grab is based off the displayed numeric value, you should be able to manually bias the setting by simply inputting another number.  But I suppose that was why they included the Ground Stabilizer setting only for the FMF modes.  Apparently some secret sauce stuff going on for the individual frequency constituents of FMF when you do a ground grab in FMF, and perhaps that's what takes so long.  Who knows...

• Like 3

Thanks Chase, I haven't been through the manual for a while, but all good info right there.

As the saying goes:

" All Good things come to those who wait” is an English proverb. It's used to describe the benefits of waiting patiently rather than rushing into something. By waiting, one, in theory, increases their chances of something good happening to them."

• Like 1