Xp Deus 2 Software Update

Mikenowellsmith

23 minutes ago, raziel900 said:
who knows if they will add the tx power to have an extra boost in depth, 
to catch up with the manticore :)

Who says it isn't (or wasn't) already there?  Feedback from D2 users who also have the M-core are reporting similar, significant depth on deep beach targets.

But having the ability to manually adjust it (esp. down if it is maxed out) like with the D1 x35 coils, would be helpful in mineralized soils.

• Like 4

you say it is set to maximum on each multi-frequency program? 
from the youtube videos it seems that the manticore has an extra depth boost
the problem is that there is a big difference in target between europe and the usa... 

air test don't help much

2 hours ago, raziel900 said:
you say it is set to maximum on each multi-frequency program? 
from the youtube videos it seems that the manticore has an extra depth boost
the problem is that there is a big difference in target between europe and the usa... 

air test don't help much

Yep.  Not talking air tests.  See these threads...

• Like 2

would love to see them fix the US silver TID's

quarters and halfs ring up the same numbers, and dollars are even lower!

would be nice to had a clue if you were digging a half or quarter. i know other machines have a significant gap in these coins.

Yes.  The high conductors are really scrunched up there in the 90's.  I do think XP is going to address this.  I know it is possible to spread these TIDs out because they did so on the original Deus if you used the lower frequencies.  On Deus 1, if you normalized target ID then all target IDs were normalized to what they would be if running 18khz regardless of the actual operating frequency (Note: TID normalization was only applicable to the original LF and X35 coils, the HF coils did not feature TID normalization as an option, so TIDs varied with frequency and the IDs were really compressed significantly when running the HF coil at 25khz or greater).

So hopefully XP will give us the option to select the normalization reference to spread the target IDs as the user sees fit.  Perhaps two normalization settings - Legacy and "Wide".

But frankly, it's not really a show stopper for me, as even on the D2, zincolns and pennies rarely masquerade as dimes, quarters, or halves and frankly whether it's ringing up as a dime, quarter, or half makes no practical difference in my dig decision (i.e., I've never personally encountered a situation where I'm cherry picking halves over quarters), so I'll find out what it really is once I get it out of the ground, anyway.

• Like 6

I have had a few copper Memorial pennies pop up to 92, but I investigate any numbers that sound good and as a rule all 90s come out of the ground. 😏

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Cheddar said:

would be nice to had a clue if you were digging a half or quarter. i know other machines have a significant gap in these coins.

Why, do you only dig halfs and leave the quarters?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If XP designed Deus 2's target ID system just for Americans, we probably would not be having this conversation about the difference in target ID and audio response between a clad dime, silver dime and a copper penny..........or a quarter and half dollar. 

Obviously, XP is not JUST thinking about USA coinage.

Having a way to adjust ID normalization would be helpful, but for me, I am like a couple of other posters, if the target seems to be coin sized and the target ID is 90 to 98.......I'm digging it when the ground isn't frozen.

Do you USA users remember how Deus 1 and the ORX would scream on steel crown bottle caps that would also have target IDs in the 90s…….?

Thanks XP for preventing that annoyance with Deus 2.

• Like 9

On 1/28/2023 at 8:52 AM, parkgt said:

Why, do you only dig halfs and leave the quarters?

there have been a few instances where i have been digging in a lot of clad quarters and have popped out halves thinking they were quarters. when you are digging tons of clad, you tend to be a little less careful with the shovel.

• Like 1