Xp Deus 2 Software Update

Mikenowellsmith

On 1/27/2023 at 2:52 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Yes.  The high conductors are really scrunched up there in the 90's.  I do think XP is going to address this.  I know it is possible to spread these TIDs out because they did so on the original Deus if you used the lower frequencies.  On Deus 1, if you normalized target ID then all target IDs were normalized to what they would be if running 18khz regardless of the actual operating frequency (Note: TID normalization was only applicable to the original LF and X35 coils, the HF coils did not feature TID normalization as an option, so TIDs varied with frequency and the IDs were really compressed significantly when running the HF coil at 25khz or greater).

So hopefully XP will give us the option to select the normalization reference to spread the target IDs as the user sees fit.  Perhaps two normalization settings - Legacy and "Wide".

But frankly, it's not really a show stopper for me, as even on the D2, zincolns and pennies rarely masquerade as dimes, quarters, or halves and frankly whether it's ringing up as a dime, quarter, or half makes no practical difference in my dig decision (i.e., I've never personally encountered a situation where I'm cherry picking halves over quarters), so I'll find out what it really is once I get it out of the ground, anyway.

I'm not so sure I want the coin signals spread all over the VDI range.  I'd then have to dig just about everything.  Today, just about all coins ring up 80 and above, and the X-Y screen gives added assurance.

I'm more interested in getting an idea of what type of metal is there, not whether a coin is a dime or a quarter.  Both would get dug anyway.

I wish there was a way to better identify aluminum, but as a high conductor, it may simply be something I have to live with.  The tiniest bit of aluminum rings up so sweet, and here in Michigan, I find a ton of round aluminum tree tags that were placed on the Ash trees, before the Emerald Ash Borer insect wiped them all out.  Those aluminum discs sound like a silver dollar every time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ByTheLake said:

I'm not so sure I want the coin signals spread all over the VDI range.  I'd then have to dig just about everything.  Today, just about all coins ring up 80 and above, and the X-Y screen gives added assurance.

It wouldn't spread them "all over the VDI range", it would spread them out a little better in the 90's (provide a better ability to resolve small differences in high conductors) like with the Deus 1 operating at less than 18khz, (i.e., more consistent with other detectors with 0-99 VDI scales.)