What's The Best Advice You Can Give A New Beach Detectorist To Find Good Targets?

Tons of great advice in this thread! F350Platinum really nailed it. On my beaches here in North Carolina ( which are really sanded in right now ) if I start hearing iron signals I really need to slow down and listen closely. Heavier target will tend to stay together on my beaches.

• Like 2

Go up and down the beach from high tide line to splash zone.  Look for quarters, sinkers and chunks of iron.  Once you find heavy targets, concentrate on that area.  If you are digging bottle tops and pop tops, you are in the wrong area and wasting your time usually.  If it's sanded in in one area, chances are it's sanded out in another area.  Find that other area.  Are the heavy targets high or are they low on your beach?  Do you have the equipment to find deep and do you have the equipment to recover deep before it sinks out of recovery range?  Is your beach sand as far as you can dig or is there a layer of clay, shells, rocks.....etc that will capture the targets at a certain level?  What is that level?  There are many great suggestions on this thread, but the only way you learn is to hunt your beach, learn your equipment and pay your dues by spending many hours hunting.  I wish you the best of luck Gary.

• Like 3

Just remember, every person who has posted tells their story to success and their are many more that could be posted. Every beach is different, every location has it secrets. It will be up to you to find the right one that works for you. When I first started hunting I came across a magazine article that hit home for me. Saved it.. I think it is in order..

OBN0453.jpg

OBN0448.jpg

OBN0450.jpg

OBN0451.jpg

OBN0452.jpg

• Like 8