Garrett Coil Cover Rip Off

Busho

Sorry guys, been away.

So, was chasing and chasing a coil cover for my Garrett 24k. Could not get one anywhere im the world. 

Ok, they are finally here in Australia. You have got to be kidding me!

Buy, pay for shipping im getting one for $68! 

What an insult! A bit of plastic! This was a cheap one, some wanted here to sell and send one for $80. 

Utter crap. I have one on the way but seriously this price. Rip off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 2

• The title was changed to Garrett Coil Cover Rip Off

No way I'd pay that for a thin piece of plastic...Lately I have been trying "Buck Naked" at the beach in the soft sand as I'm annoyed of having to take off the coil cover and empty it out...this may not be appropriate for everyone. 

strick

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I never take mine off. I drilled a bunch of holes in mine and just flush it out with a hose when needed.

• Like 1

I made a protector for my NOX by using a boat keel protector tape. It is cheap and removal if need be if you know how to do it. Works really good and I have not had to replace it since I applied it 2 years ago.

I have used the coil in creek beds that are full of gravel and rocks and you can see the scratches on it but not gone through the tape.

Here is a link to it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/PereGuard-Kayak-Guard-Width-Black/dp/B08D7PLYW2/ref=sr_1_26?crid=13167D2V96LH9&keywords=boat%2Bbow%2Bprotector&qid=1674114859&sprefix=boat%2Bbow%2B%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-26&th=1

• Like 5

I did some looking up. And saw some spray on thing. But i hear it doesn't last..

Hey you guys with a 24, I do really like it, but my control box has started to get a bit of movement. I thought a few weeks ago, maybe I imagined it when I plugged my coil lead in,  but no, if I hold it, and no bad pressure but just a bit of side to side it moves a few mm. Noticeable. This is my concern. If it moves then does that affect its rain proofing? I think it may as shouldn't it be zero move? 

One other thing. When I push the battery box in, say 80 percent of the time it goes in great. But the other 20 percentage of times one of the rubber stops holds firm no move. But the other is like nothing happened, you can touch it and it pushes in no force required. Soft. Like it didn't engage. 

This I do. I put the battery box in but dont slam it, just a few times in and out and listen and feel. Then when I feel both are ok I slam it in. 

I know you dont slam it in like mad but remember Jimmy from Whites saying yrs ago with this type of battery box slam it in dont be scared. 

Does anyone with this 24 have these things happen? I know some other machines from others have a little movement with the top control box. If thats usual I get that. What about the battery box? 

Years ago before they started making coil covers we used a large rubber band cut from a car tire inner tube stretched around the coil

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Garrett Australia told me just to slam the battery box closed (common issue apparently). I however found that you can push one side in at a time. One side will click closed then push the other side till you hear the click.