Underwater Antenna Experiment

parkgt

Going to give parkgt's idea a shot on my new 11" x 13" coil. I bought some RG179 removed the shield and double covered with marine heat shrink. Attached to the coil with velcro wire ties so I can easily remove the coil cover. Can still attach the charging clip without removing the antenna. Ran up the outside of a Nokta Legend carbon fiber shaft and hold the cable in place with a section of nylon split braided sleeving that I had left over from an audio job. Thanks again to parkgt for this great idea! Have not tested it yet, but hope to in the next few days.

image.thumb.jpeg.f94f557a18fb2296f2fc00ff89b0df17.jpeg

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

• Like 6

On 1/19/2023 at 5:12 PM, matt said:

Anybody know where to get the little tether that he uses for his remote module to the shaft that you can see in the video?

Hey, matt, your timing is good. That's covered in this recent thread:

• Like 1

All great ideas! I'm thinking of using Greg's idea of running the wire up the lower shaft for a semi-permanent installation and Jed's idea of using the velcro wire ties on the coil to be able to clean the coil cover and to switch coils when I get the new 9.5"x5" coil. 😎

• Like 3

I'm thinking that this might be "good enough" if brought all the way up to the top shaft inside. 🤔 Might try that. I did get the SteveG shaft with the holes for the wire, but they are still good for fast filling the tube when immersed. 👍

• Like 4

On 1/21/2023 at 10:04 PM, Jed in NC said:

Going to give parkgt's idea a shot on my new 11" x 13" coil. I bought some RG179 removed the shield and double covered with marine heat shrink. Attached to the coil with velcro wire ties so I can easily remove the coil cover. Can still attach the charging clip without removing the antenna. Ran up the outside of a Nokta Legend carbon fiber shaft and hold the cable in place with a section of nylon split braided sleeving that I had left over from an audio job. Thanks again to parkgt for this great idea! Have not tested it yet, but hope to in the next few days.

image.thumb.jpeg.f94f557a18fb2296f2fc00ff89b0df17.jpeg

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

Where did you get the cover to go over you nokta lower shaft?  

1 hour ago, NCtoad said:

Where did you get the cover to go over you nokta lower shaft?  

Sent you a PM with the link. Will post the link in this thread if Amazon links are allowed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jed in NC said:

Will post the link in this thread if Amazon links are allowed.

They are. Thought that was one of those "Snake Skins".

7 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

They are. Thought that was one of those "Snake Skins".

It is split loom tubing that I used to protect some fiber audio cables behind an audio console. Here is the link of the product that I used. Thanks for the reply: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FW672R7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Now I see that that they have colors to match the Deus! 😂

Just cut to length and melt edge with a torch or lighter.

• Like 1

Here are some others, specifically sized for detectors:

https://www.amazon.com/Snake-Skinz-Sleeves-Detectors-Americano/dp/B08BG5L32S

I like yours better because they are more easily removed. 👍