Western & Eastern Treasures 1966-2022

I also had the privilege of writing for the magazine. I also miss their Annual Silver and Gold issues which were one of the best at the time. I had a couple photographs (not of me) that made the cover of the magazine. Sure do miss having having a hard copy, hate reading off a tablet or phone. Here are the two issues that the two photographs I had submitted made the cover of the magazine.

1509623258_dp1(868x1168).thumb.jpg.ca247b236847bae6f09b9734848f1fab.jpg1959756768_dp2(868x1203).thumb.jpg.e693a74e0fa51a052afb868f636e1774.jpg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Mike_Hillis said:

Yep that was the issue.  I re-subscribed and the archives are available now.

Mike

My subscription is good until June 3, 2023. The archives only seem to go back to 2010? Any idea why?

Thanks! Jim

3 hours ago, snakejim said:

My subscription is good until June 3, 2023. The archives only seem to go back to 2010? Any idea why?

Probably 2010 is when they started creating digital versions. Until recently I had every W&ET ever published, including the original Western Treasures and the Silver&Gold issues. I had intended to get them all scanned to searchable PDFs but never got the time, and I had to get rid of the magazines. ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Geotech said:

Probably 2010 is when they started creating digital versions. Until recently I had every W&ET ever published, including the original Western Treasures and the Silver&Gold issues. I had intended to get them all scanned to searchable PDFs but never got the time, and I had to get rid of the magazines. ☹️

Thanks Carl. That's probably what they did.

I did the same thing. I had all the issues up to a few months ago and had to get rid of them when I moved.

Best wishes! Jim

5 hours ago, dirtman said:

awaiting enthusiasm & excitement" of receiving delivery of / or opening a mailbox in anticipation of a hard copy of a person's focused interests !

As a young boy I would mail requests to various State governments asking for travel information.  I received an amazing amount of very nice pamphlets and maps.  It was exciting to open that mailbox and find a package addressed to me.  Gone are the simple joys of simple times.

• Like 3