Small Field Relic Hunt, Silver Again!

Don't get me started on BOTTLES.  They are as much fun finding as any artifact, especially privies.  I'd hit that dump in a second!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 4

Just now, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Don't get me started on BOTTLES.  They are as much fun finding as any artifact, especially privies.  I'd hit that dump in a second!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

I used to dig bottles with my mom in the 70s when I was a kid. It was lots of fun but we ended up with so many... 😀 I don't have anywhere to put them these days, I think my wife would get a bit ticked. I'll bet there are some good ones there. Maybe I'll look when I have less to do.

• Like 2

The ones in the photo look to be on the edge of screw tops and machine made corkers, 1920's thereabout.  From the age of your fields you just might find a good one.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Nice work 350 I knew once you got your first Rosevelt they would come rolling in after that lol. They do seem to be harder to find then other silver coins for some reason. I'm with Gary..I gave lots of bottles away because I thought I had no place to put them now I'm keeping what I find and wish I had the ones i gave away to one of my clients who's wife collects them. 

strick

• Like 1

Very nice hunt again for you and now tomorrow I will be sending you some rain, then the next day you can have some colder weather also.

I am hoping to spend some time along a creek when it warms up a little more as i have found an area that look good for more gold. Found a couple of small nuggets there yesterday with the pans and now need the sluice.

Good luck on your next hunt and hug your NOX so she don't get lonely sitting in the closet.

Stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1

Very cool finds again, F350, well done! The bottles are cool too! I'm with GaryC on hitting the dump site. Some amazing things can be hidden there. It looks like your custom program is working very well.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dsb said:

Cannon CANNON?  Come on lets see a pic.

20220321_133858.thumb.jpg.08f64e815361816ae0b639e9b6f62fbe.jpg

It was a small firecracker cannon from the early 1900s. 😀 Fits in your hand, has a small hole for the fuse to come out. Glad I still have it on my phone. The carriage is gone, it was probably iron. I'd test it but I think it's been in the ground for too long💥

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

It looks like your custom program is working very well.

Thanks!

Looks like I'll have to revisit the dump. 😀 I can get to it, but have to be careful. It's on a steep incline close to a sharp 60-80 foot drop off. Wish I could get photos that show it, this place is full of ravines. I think the two rivers were much bigger a very long time ago, I read somewhere this area was a big runoff for glacial water. One misstep (or trip on a bottle 😀) and it's the sudden stop that hurts. Not sure if I wanna 'take that for the team" 🤪

May post the settings for my relic program soon, it would not be for everyone, and I'll make that abundantly clear. 🙂 Results have been fairly consistent, and I have not tweaked it for a while other than to change reactivity and audio volume. Guess I'm as slow and cautious as XP 😏

• Haha 1