Small Field Relic Hunt, Silver Again!

7 hours ago, strick said:

I knew once you got your first Rosevelt they would come rolling in after that lol.

Thanks!

I'll mention again I'm not superstitious, but I'll attribute it to a lucky charm a good friend sent me at Christmas. 😀 I'm reservedly hopeful the streak will continue. 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Good luck on your next hunt and hug your NOX

Thanks VL!

I do want to use the Equinox again, but it may be on hold until I hit the beaches in spring. The Deus 2 is doing as the Deus does in VA, it's the #1 VLF here for relic hunting. Gotta stay sharp on it so when they change everything on the next update I'll be ready 🤪 

Wish ya the best of luck finding gold. 🍀

• Like 1

Nice variety of years as usual. Not sure what that big brass piece is but it peaks my interest - maybe gun related or military? 🤔 The two headed nail is cool for sure. Maybe that is how they were made and then just cut in half and pointed? Silver is never out of style by the way 😄

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

The "two headed nail" ?????????

I's gotta be something else. Cuff links ?

Probably Templar... I also got another hammered Roman pulltab! 🤔

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice variety of years as usual. Not sure what that big brass piece is but it peaks my interest - maybe gun related or military? 🤔 The two headed nail is cool for sure. Maybe that is how they were made and then just cut in half and pointed? Silver is never out of style by the way 😄

Dunno, it was attached to something else that was metal plate:20230119_125653.thumb.jpg.1c5fe9880302e6705ef58902600a0883.jpg

I'm thinking some kind of horse tack. That's not cloth under the fastener, obviously took a lot of force to snap it off. It's real heavy. The nail is copper, it gave the same ID as a wheat penny.

This field is part of the large plantation I've been hunting, didn't feel like going too far from home yesterday 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Dunno, it was attached to something else that was metal plate:20230119_125653.thumb.jpg.1c5fe9880302e6705ef58902600a0883.jpg

I'm thinking some kind of horse tack. That's not cloth under the fastener, obviously took a lot of force to snap it off. It's real heavy. The nail is copper, it gave the same ID as a wheat penny.

This field is part of the large plantation I've been hunting, didn't feel like going too far from home yesterday 😀

Maybe a saddle decoration. Still have hopes it's military. On the two headed nail, I have one (maybe more) of those. So I started to think it's just a nail with a copper washer on the other end peened over. So I scraped mine and found that it is a washer on one end. Here's some pictures. Without cleaning both ends, it looks solid, but after cleaning, one side is peened over.

20230119_161052.jpg

20230119_160930.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Without cleaning both ends, it looks solid, but after cleaning, one side is peened over.

Well damf you ain't right! 😀 Just took a toothbrush and water to mine, here's the result.20230119_171816.thumb.jpg.86c288336e9ca557d4b8d8adb7491ec6.jpg

I'm thinking button hole fastener for something?

My dog wants to know. 🤣20230119_171833.thumb.jpg.a502dd78b43947296a29176c61c5aa98.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks!

I'll mention again I'm not superstitious, but I'll attribute it to a lucky charm a good friend sent me at Christmas. 😀 I'm reservedly hopeful the streak will continue. 😎

I thought I was the lucky charm based on what you find whenever I come down.  :laugh:

22 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm thinking button hole fastener for something?

I've had the situation of finding a square nail pounded through a grommet.  See lower left in the pic below:

FB_IMG_1674168170872.thumb.jpg.4250532031b95046db5eb5c7b3563d73.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I thought I was the lucky charm based on what you find whenever I come down.  :laugh:

That's karma. 😀 Strick got some when he trained somebody on the beach. 🤣

• Like 1