Anyone Know The Xp2 Tid For A Civil War Belt Buckle?

I am rather optimistic. Would like to adjust my relic tones on my XP2 to have a distinct tone on civil war belt buckles.

Any know what they ring up or have a XP2 and CW belt buckle to get the TID?

A CW "Plate" (sword plate, breast plate, box plate, other belt buckles) is comprised typically of brass with lead backing holding tin or iron fasteners.  They will typically ring up with the same audio and TID as a smashed aluminum can.  On the D2, 89 to 91 depending on if it is fully intact.

I dug about 50 or 60 beer cans and other trash under roadside power lines in hot Culpeper dirt before I scored the Breast Plate below.  It sounded like all the rest of the cans - I found each broken half separately.  Just pure determination and a hunch something like that might be hiding there because all that trash and EMI tends to repel the detectorists running Pulse Induction machines.  It was a mustering area (on private farmland) for Union soldiers preparing to participate in a battle that was fought in the area.

20221224_121716.thumb.jpg.9a870ee4f6736479e619b19f8119c55d.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well that is not what I wanted to hear for the simple reason old beer can ends are very abundant in the CW areas I hunt in urban Atlanta. But fact are facts so I will just dig more trash when hunting relics. Not much different that what I have always done. Thanks

1 hour ago, maxxkatt said:

Well that is not what I wanted to hear for the simple reason old beer can ends are very abundant in the CW areas I hunt in urban Atlanta. But fact are facts so I will just dig more trash when hunting relics. Not much different that what I have always done. Thanks

If it were easy, a lot more people would be doing it...and there wouldn't be any targets. :smile:

• Like 3

Nobody with experience ever told me metal detecting would be easy, but it sure is a whole lot of fun.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

Well that is not what I wanted to hear for the simple reason old beer can ends are very abundant in the CW areas I hunt in urban Atlanta.

Now don't forget that in about 50 years those cans will be relics, and you can say that you replanted them to who ever digs them up just leave them a note attached to it.

Sometimes we all have to dig the trash no matter what we want to find out there. When metal detecting for gold in the creeks in my area I find more lead shot than anything. However when I am on the gold it's all good.

• Like 1

My first breast plate was found at a site a logging crew was cutting trees off of. I was working my way through a spot, and got a overload signal on the F75. I kicked the dirt and out rolls a drop 3 ringer. A few steps away, another one. Then I realized it was also the place the workers had apparently been taking their breaks at, as flattened soda cans were everywhere where they'd ran over them with the big machinery and mushed them into the ground.  I found a few of them and was almost about to move out of the spot...got one more overload signal and kicked the dirt expecting to see a shiny mtn dew can.  Instead, out rolls what I first thought was the zinc lid to a Mason jar.  Went to pick it up to put in my pouch and there it was....eagle breastplate.  Sounded just like the shallow bullets and cans and was in the same small area.  A house now sits on the exact spot it came from.  

• Like 4