20 hours ago, Luis said:

impressed with the legend

It’s the standout when you factor price into the equation. It's discussed in the same breath as machines that cost not twice but three times as much. Stellar bang for the buck.

That said I don’t put much faith in video tests, never have.

• Like 7

I enjoyed the video and also saw some accurate depictions of the Legend, Deus 2 and Nox 900.

I can't speak for the Manticore....never even touched one.

The video maker leans towards being pro Nokta based on previous videos. Nothing wrong with that.

I would be even more impressed if those had been wild targets or at least targets that they had not planted themselves.

Anyone can gather up specific iron and mixed ferrous/non-ferrous targets that will confuse a specific detector.

So, for me anyway, this video was not by any means unbiased.....

• Like 4

Good video of a well thought out comparison test. It was interesting to see the similarities as well as the differences.

Thanks for posting it.

• Like 1

I'll be the first to call BS......Target number 6 (2 euro) the guy when using the Manticore on the first swing identifies it as a coin tone then he quickly disks it out and puts it down for mostly iron tone. He gives the legend a check for identifying correctly as a coin and the manticore an X for identifying it as iron WFT? Targets 11, 12 and 14 the piece of iron the horse shoe and big flat plate are easily identified in the screen of the manticore as being iron.. neither hit in the good zone and the targets give complete iron audio grunts...The only one I would have given the manticore a bad mark on was target 13...He is comparing 3 machines that give  tone and a VID to another  machine that gives tone/vid and target trace yet in the comparison he is only judging by the audio/tones on the machines...not a good study..

strick 

Of the 4 I've used the Legend the least, maybe 6 hours at most. All are nice machines and all do certain things different than others. Not the best video to watch if you're trying to make a buying decision IMO. I'd rather watch videos where they are being compared on live targets. But I don't think you could go wrong getting any if the 4. Although my personal preference if I could only have one would be the Equinox 900 as its the most well rounded for the types of sites I hunt and has the best coil selection.

• Like 8

I enjoyed the video. Was mostly concerned about coins being knocked out with the BC rejection on the Legend. The 900 and Manticore don't have a separate setting for BC rejection. If I recall correctly, the lower fe on the manticore is meant to do just what it did, reject plate steel. I can't comment on the 2 Euro, not sure where they are supposed to ring in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OhioHunter said:

I enjoyed the video. Was mostly concerned about coins being knocked out with the BC rejection on the Legend. The 900 and Manticore don't have a separate setting for BC rejection. If I recall correctly, the lower fe on the manticore is meant to do just what it did, reject plate steel. 

In the Legend forum, it was asked, "How exactly does the BCR work"?

I replied that I wanted to know as well, and that my guess was that the BCR is an upper end extension of the iron bias range. Your comment leads me to believe that BCR may be exactly that.

I also noticed that the D2's BCR setting and Silencer are the only settings on one of the settings screens. I don't know if that's just a coincidence, or if it's more evidence that BCR is an upper end extension of the iron bias.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OhioHunter said:

I enjoyed the video. Was mostly concerned about coins being knocked out with the BC rejection on the Legend. The 900 and Manticore don't have a separate setting for BC rejection. If I recall correctly, the lower fe on the manticore is meant to do just what it did, reject plate steel. I can't comment on the 2 Euro, not sure where they are supposed to ring in.

The 2 Euro reads 42/43 on my Nox 900. The 2 Euro is 75% nickel. The 2 Euro coin is magnetic due to its high nickel content so maybe that has something to do with it slightly confusing the Equinox 900 and the Manticore which seem to have very aggressive high end iron bias settings.

The USA modern 5 cent coin is only 25% nickel and is not magnetic due to its 75% copper content. It gave all four detectors no problems even with their Bottle Cap/Iron Bias settings maxed out.

I did notice that the Legend's Iron Filter setting maxed out at 8. Now it has an additional setting of 9 so the video maker must have been using a Legend with 1.09 software instead of 1.10.

• Like 6