Spring Tide Finds - Including A Big Bullet..

Nice finds.  Looks like a blank shell to me.  Crimped ends is the dead give-away.  Funny you found the BANG ping the same day.  Bottle opener looks like a butterfly knife.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Funny you found the BANG ping the same day.

Made me giggle out loud, lucky there's no one around at that time of day.. I found the pin about half an hour before the bullet.. Thanks for info regarding the blank shell, it confirms what I thought.. 

• Like 1

Definitely a blank, got some info on the headstamp:

ADI Australian Defence Industries (1991–1993; 1994–present) – Footscray, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (1991–1993) / Benalla, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (1994–present). Moved from Footscray to Benalla in 1994. Became privatized as Thales Australia (a division of the French firm Thales Defense) in 2006.

Probably from that exercise. 👍 

Cool butterfly bottle opener! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Looks like a gold ring with some small diamonds in that mix.

Nice finds and yes it is a blank, looks like it may still have some wire around the base of the shell. If so it was one of many connected and that would explain the dark color towards the top of it.

Good luck on your next hunt and watch out for sharks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great finds Erik! I agree with Kodiak, that's a crimped blank training round, probably .50 caliber. I've never seen a crimped blank cartridge that large before, cool find! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This morning around 2:00am was the lowest low of this spring tide.. I'm hunting the three most popular bays so I went to a different bay this morning.. Depending on the width of the bay, it takes around four hours to get to where the normal low tide mark would be.. I chase the tide out for half an hour to give me a chance to dig targets along a line, I leave the holes open as the sand mounts become my markers in the dark.. The holes get filled in again by the incoming tide.. I stay just ahead of it to keep the targets from getting washed out of the hole..

There wasn't much of interest in this mornings haul except for my first gold ring for the year, at least I hope there will be more as it's been a bit of a drought lately.. Unless someone asks about it I won't put it on my Facebook ring recovery page.. It looks like it's been there for a long time and no one has asked me to find a ring that fits its description.. It'll probably end up in the melting pot with other unclaimed rings.. 

I'm trying to trace the owner of the medical dog tags, he's a young bloke who suffers from epilepsy.. I'm hoping he's sorted out some new ones or doesn't have a fit in the meantime..     

a.JPG

b.JPG

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

Gotta love those negative low tides dontchyaknow !

It seems to come in faster chasing you back to shore though LOL

Second gold with black stone ring pic posted this week .IIRC  

They all look good , even the plain ones.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

It seems to come in faster chasing you back to shore though LOL

No kidding, at times I was digging like a maniac trying to keep ahead.. I'm not too worried about having a knee-deep wade on a low tide hunt but in this case I travelled as light as possible with just Foxy Noxy and a small shovel.. Scoops, headphones, WM08s and even headlamps are just one more thing that can fail during the night.. I always leave a spare headlamp under a palm tree on the beach, which I nearly always forget about and have to come back for during the day.. So far no one has nicked it yet.. 😄    

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Another fine hunt and a great save on the ring.

Stay safe out there and good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1