Tether

Carolina

Does anyone know where to buy the short tether for the RC ? Thanks

I broke the lanyard that came with my Deus II originally, and made one from a USB stick lanyard ( picked up on ebay ) and some paracord attached to the shaft. Don't have my Deus handy to take a picture. 

IMG_1568.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Detecting. DooDads.com twelve bucks plus shipping.Or make your own with some Braid fishing line.C5153FA7-E41F-41CE-AFF8-37AAFEAABD03.thumb.jpeg.775f41b88036e6c356cc103ce95f299b.jpeg

• Like 2

I asked the same question a couple days ago in a different thread (custom antenna thread) without any responses. Gigmaster has one attached in his video. In my searching for it, I found one that looks to work well since it can be detached. $4.95 each and shipping is $8.30.

https://tethertools.com/product/quick-release-lanyard/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Took mine off, been using the Detecting Doodads rig on my stock Deus 2 shaft, it also holds the WS6 module. 2132570292_s963253682610875296_p53_i10_w903(1).jpeg.7f74575c881c03015dea991340b22050.jpeg

SteveG's CF shaft comes with a similar locking rig that holds it as good or better, so I retired the tether. Looked everywhere for ya Carolina, can't find it for sale. 😵

• Like 3

Thanks everybody for your help. I went with Jed and Matt’s suggestions.

• Like 4

I have that lock doodad too but still have the tether on as well... I know trust issues... 😆

I did an Amazon search for short quick release tether and came up with some usable alternatives. I'm looking at this one as a heavier duty tether. Supposedly rated to 44 lbs so I think it might be a little stronger.

Amazon Quick Release Tether

• Like 3

I use nylon fishing line, its either 50 or 100lbs, with a button attached at each end of the line to make a loop. Then slip the velcrose through it and around the shaft and you have yourself a nice cheap reliable system. I have tested it on a number of occasions and it just hangs there....bit crude but works well.

dp1.jpg.d0fafa4f5d50589d03d87ae03a90bb1a.jpgdp2.jpg.5c66694aab457a5d2c584f3ccd4799e6.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I have that lock doodad too but still have the tether on as well... I know trust issues... 😆

I did an Amazon search for short quick release tether and came up with some usable alternatives. I'm looking at this one as a heavier duty tether. Supposedly rated to 44 lbs so I think it might be a little stronger.

Amazon Quick Release Tether

I think it's smart, CPT, to use the tether no matter what.  Given the cost of those remotes, if I were a Deus user, I certainly wouldn't want to chance it!

Steve

• Like 2