Tether

Carolina

11 hours ago, steveg said:

I think it's smart, CPT, to use the tether no matter what.  Given the cost of those remotes, if I were a Deus user, I certainly wouldn't want to chance it!

Steve

Especially under water in surf action!

• Like 1

Got to my Deus II this morning. Here is the one I made with paracord. Gotta love paracord! I've got the Doodads clip, but use a lanyard as well.

1. Made a loop that included the d-ring portion of the USB lanyard and a piece of heat shrink, stiched on the wife's sewing machine without her knowing it!
  2. Sealed heat shrink.
  3. Added a push button  that I saved off of an old jacket.
  4. Looped over controller and around stem.
  5. Tightened up loop with push button.

IMG_1582.JPG

IMG_1583.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

• Like 8

No wise cracks about the paracord colors matching the Deus logo colors! My wife says I can get medicine for that!!😂

• Haha 2

It will be braided fishing line for me. Thanks again everybody and good luck.

• Like 5

I’m set to try out the following:  I keep the WS6 master on the stem using WSA II headphones. The remote is in a waterproof smartphone bag which is fastened to the top edge of my Gray Ghost ultimate catch all. It rests inside and when I need it I pull it up where it rests on top where I can see it and adjust it and where it is secured. I’m using the WSA II headphones when using the remote as well. 

On 1/22/2023 at 1:49 AM, unox said:

I use nylon fishing line, its either 50 or 100lbs, with a button attached at each end of the line to make a loop. Then slip the velcrose through it and around the shaft and you have yourself a nice cheap reliable system. I have tested it on a number of occasions and it just hangs there....bit crude but works well.

dp1.jpg.d0fafa4f5d50589d03d87ae03a90bb1a.jpgdp2.jpg.5c66694aab457a5d2c584f3ccd4799e6.jpg

That is the exact same setup that i use,and if you are into fishing it does not cost you anything.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RickUK said:

That is the exact same setup that i use,and if you are into fishing it does not cost you anything.

Cool Rick, I have knocked mine off the arm a few times and it holds well.