M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/21/2023 at 12:53 PM, Ringtail said:

Anyone know about the M8 & M15 Coils price and availability date? They have been up on the Minelab site for a couple of weeks but no one is advertising them yet.

5F5BDC9D-939E-4F5D-A642-73F5887C0CF8.thumb.jpeg.03051cf46f28d25775a72187abb4918f.jpeg

Well this is just nuts. This thread started in January, and here it is almost April. Unless I’m missing it there is no sign of either of these coils being available yet. Maybe I’m shooting myself in the foot, but this sort of thing is really just putting me off of Minelab in general. I had a chance to buy a Manticore a few weeks ago. Held the box in my hands. But I kept thinking maybe I’d be better off with an Equinox 900 since I have the 6” coil, 5x10 coil, and 12x15 coils already. As a result I just dithered and did nothing. And the longer this goes on, the more I’m thinking I should just learn to love my Deus 2 and forget Minelab entirely. To the point that I’ve passed on super deals also on the GPZ 7000 and GPX 6000. It just does not feel right for me to support with dollars behavior that really bugs me. I wonder if anyone at Minelab knows how disgruntled both their dealer network and many of us long time supporters are over this never ending coil nonsense with their new models, and the difficulty in being able to get the detectors themselves from our favorite dealers. The silence from Minelab, as always, is deafening. Would a news release telling us what the coils will sell for, along with a firm commitment to a delivery time, be that hard for the worlds largest manufacturer of consumer metal detectors?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Minelab seems to have cornered the market on Metal Detecting Insanity.

We buy a new product from them and expect different results in connection to the availability of coils.  Now the wait for detectors themselves is driving detectorists crazy!

Be patient grasshopper, as they say nothing.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No sign of either of these coils being available yet. Maybe I’m shooting myself in the foot, but this sort of thing is really just putting me off of Minelab in general. I had a chance to buy a Manticore a few weeks ago.

Gosh? How long before Deus come out with their extra coils for the D2?
Not to mention an update, I suffer from iron wrap-around beach hunting would be nice to see if that can be mitigated. 😇

• Like 1

1 minute ago, midalake said:

Gosh? How long before Deus come out with their extra coils for the D2? 😇

Yes, the same situation as with the Go Terrain app...

10 minutes ago, midalake said:

Gosh? How long before Deus come out with their extra coils for the D2? 😇

I’ve had both the 11” and 9” on mine, and could get the 13” right now if I wanted one. But I’m not saying I’m a huge Deus fan nor a fan of their limited overpriced proprietary coil selection either. I’ve bitched endlessly about the wireless overkill - give me cheaper wired coils any day. It’s just I’ve already got one, and Minelab seems determined to push me to be satisfied with that. I’d love instead to be a thrilled Minelab cheerleader, but it ain’t happening right now.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’ve had both the 11” and 9” on mine, and could get the 13” right now if I wanted one. But I’m not saying I’m a huge Deus fan nor a fan of their limited overpriced proprietary coil selection either. I’ve bitched endlessly about the wireless overkill. It’s just I’ve already got one, and Minelab seems determined to push me to be satisfied with that. I’d love instead to be a thrilled Minelab cheerleader, but it ain’t happening right now.

Oh wow, I hate to have to say this (being a big Minelab fan) but, there is the Nokta Legend with many coil choices, works with Nox 800 compatible Bluetooth devices and its price is ridiculous and most of all great support and communication.

• Like 5

I'm following along with the exact same thoughts as the rest of you. 

If the weather turns nice where I am before I see my Manticore, I'm not sure what I will do. 

I'm impatiently waiting, it's a slow process that is for sure.  The next detector Minelab release they should keep their trap shut until it's almost ready to release and hold off releasing it until they're actually ready, coils ready to go, detector ready to go and plenty of stock availability and they'll find they have a much smoother release with happy customers rather than upset ones.   I'm aware some of the suggestions we as end users give would just not be suitable for them or make business sense in their situation but their current methods are just not working so management really need to try take another approach.  They're upsetting far too many potential customers and in turn encouraging them to buy other brands.

I expected a wait for the coils, but seeing them pump out other model detectors is a bit irritating especially when the Manticore was highly anticipated and marketed for some time before release and it's right up there as a flagship, the other models were sprung on us with no notice but still seem to have the stock available issues too.  At least coils are available for the Nox 900 by using the older model coils.

I'm really liking my Manticore, a bit disappointed at the start it was a step backwards in Target ID stability especially when marketing says its got more stable ID but I've calmed that down lowering sensitivity, still not as good as I hoped but not too bad now, it may improve with the 15x12" coil as I am talking about stability on deeper targets.  I can't wait to get the 15x12" and 8.5x5" coils, they're the coils I'll use not the 11", I rarely used my Nox 11", same with my CTX, 11" is just a size I don't need, I only want small and big 🙂

Chase is right though, if Minelab collaborated with Coiltek in the background and Coiltek had coils available for the Manticore at release it would cause a flurry of buyers by having more options, one thing Minelab can have over XP and their Deus 2 is coils, coils that are not going to be available for the XP can easily be available for the Manticore such as small coils, yet they just don't seem to want to take advantage of this as much as they should. 

• Like 3

It seems the bulk of Manticore's have been shipped to big box retail stores.

I wonder, how many of the people buying them from those places, care about the additional coils?  Maybe very few.  Maybe, there's just very few of us, period, in the grand scheme of things that even care about the coils.

Who knows what Minelab's plans are.  The entire rollout of the Manticore definitely leaves a bad taste though.  I'm more open than ever to competitor offerings going forward.  

- Dave

• Like 1