M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

^^^ Agree 100%.  Bad for us, bad for them.  And no commnication.  Leaves one to wonder just what are they thinking.

- Dave

I don't understand the hold up, but I've been doing great with the 11" coil. 14-17 silvers for the year this weekend. All with the Manticore so far. I'm wanting that small coil bad though. I've got some places I really need it.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 2:26 PM, UT Dave said:

And no commnication.  Leaves one to wonder just what are they thinking.

- Dave

Lol early yesterday morning I spent bout 15 minutes trying to find Minelabs presidents e-mail I was gonna give him a nice rant about the accessory coils but that e mail address seems to be guarded fairly well. If they can come out with new machines then they can come out with the accessory coils...they do this on purpose and it's inexcusable... I can go on bout XP and their BS but I'll stop now...

strick 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, strick said:

Lol early yesterday morning I spent bout 15 minutes trying to find Minelabs presidents e-mail I was gonna give him a nice rant about the accessory coils but that e mail address seems to be guarded fairly well. If they can come out with new machines then they can come out with the accessory coils...they do this on purpose and it's inexcusable... I can go on bout XP and their BS but I'll stop now...

strick 

They always don't care about it and about you as the customer. I experienced it many times at the largest trade fair in Europe - IWA. You are not the point of interest. 

• Like 2

My guess they are working on a software update and it would need to be tweeked for the 8 and 15" coils. What works as for a 11 inch may not work for the other sizes. One major software release and then the hardware will follow not to far behind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CCadrin said:

My guess they are working on a software update and it would need to be tweeked for the 8 and 15" coils. What works as for a 11 inch may not work for the other sizes. One major software release and then the hardware will follow not to far behind.

Possiby.  Though I seriously doubt the software is held hostage by the coil designs or vice versa at this point, especially for "off nominal" accessory coils.  If a coil design is impacted by a SW tweak at this stage, what chance does it have to perform adequately in the infinite variability of environmental conditions.  Conversely, if the detector (signal processing) requires exacting coil dimensional tolerances as ML has claimed to explain the extra ribbing on the stock coil, then I shudder to think of the product performance variability resulting from Minelab's production vendor's demonstrated shoddy production quality.

The deal is probably that ML (unlike XP) outsources production and they simply haven't made the investment needed with their production subcontractor to spool up the assembly lines for the Manticore coils yet, probably because they are prioritizing the new Nox and Xterra Pro production lines because they will sell more of those cheaper units than Manticore coils.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, strick said:

Lol early yesterday morning I spent bout 15 minutes trying to find Minelabs presidents e-mail I was gonna give him a nice rant about the accessory coils but that e mail address seems to be guarded fairly well.

They tend to use their name with a full stop, like john.rambo@minelab.com.au

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally i am glad Minelab did not wait to have all their ducks in a row with regards to coil availability before releasing the Manticore otherwise i would have missed out on the Australian summer and finding quite a few nice beach finds (lots more than i was finding with the Nox800).

Myself i wait for the dust to settle before diving into new size coils from Minelab and other coil manufactures - just not a priority for me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VicR said:

Personally i am glad Minelab did not wait to have all their ducks in a row with regards to coil availability before releasing the Manticore otherwise i would have missed out on the Australian summer and finding quite a few nice beach finds (lots more than i was finding with the Nox800).

Myself i wait for the dust to settle before diving into new size coils from Minelab and other coil manufactures - just not a priority for me.

Yes....I got mine on January 11th, so I would have missed out on quite a few hunts with it by now had they not released some inventory when they did.

I'm going to get the 15" coil when it comes out for more beach coverage per swing and maybe some added depth. Hope it's not too heavy.

• Like 1