M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

It wasn't that they should have delayed the Manticore further, the good business sense thing to do would be to get the coils ready while the detector is getting eady, they seem to have a pattern of doing coils later than detectors in most cases as they don't focus on coils perhaps as much as they should.  Big money can be made in coils, very big money as Steve has already pointed out entire businesses with reasonable size facilities and dozens of staff have been built entirely around Minelab not being good at making accessory coils, all this is money they could have had.   Many of these aftermarket manufacturers only make coils for Minelab detectors.

They decided to focus on releasing a Nox 700 and 900 as well as an X-terra rather than the accessory coils for essentially their new flagship.  They failed miserably at it all as they didn't have enough stock of anything and still don't.  People have been waiting for 6 months for Manticores they'd paid for, not Minelab's fault entirely as dealers should never take money like that but Minelab are the ones that said it's coming, it will be soon etc so they can't not take some of that blame, and then if they did release them in quantity when for example I got mine everyone would have before Christmas when they expected to get them according to Minelabs marketing, we've all seen the Mark Laurie video where he said we should be able to have them by Christmas, and the marketing image saying they'll be by Christmas.

Releasing 20 detectors to marketing people masquerading as "testers" doesn't cut it, these people by the looks of it mostly received their detector when it was a finished product right around Christmas, they were not there to test anything, just to put videos on their Youtubes and Facebooks to help with advertising.  I guess by labeling them testers it makes their videos have a bit more credibility than as marketers.

I'm just waiting patiently for my coils, the first decent snow fall yesterday so my detecting time slows right down over winter/spring as skiing takes over for a until near the years end so I won't be needing them as much soon anyway.

On a brighter note and for a bit of a chuckle my wife just got back from a holiday to Australia, I didn't want to go, but while doing some food shopping she discovered they seem to be confused over in Australia as to what a chicken nugget is, perhaps it's inflation's fault with the looming recession but they're really going out on a limb with this one.

IMG20230327114317.thumb.jpg.21c62c5921863494b8dbf8ea3de6bee4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Oh my! 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think what we forget is there has been a serious shortage of chips for the consumer electronics industry due to the high demand during Covid lockdown. This may well impact on the Manticore production but not sure why the coils are taking so long. Maybe there is a shortage of copper wire😄

• 2 months later...

I don’t think I can stomach $500 for an 8” coil, or for any coil for that matter. How much are we really gaining over the capabilities of an Equinox 900? The after-market makers would ask nearly as much for the 8” coil I’m sure. I really feel like we’re being price gouged along with the hype. I may dump the Manticore back onto the market and go with the 900 when my military discount comes back around, (one per year).

2 hours ago, rled2005 said:

I don’t think I can stomach $500 for an 8” coil, or for any coil for that matter. How much are we really gaining over the capabilities of an Equinox 900? The after-market makers would ask nearly as much for the 8” coil I’m sure. I really feel like we’re being price gouged along with the hype. I may dump the Manticore back onto the market and go with the 900 when my military discount comes back around, (one per year).

$500 for a coil would be ridiculous, I like the detector but I'd seriously consider selling mine and getting a deus ii if the small coil is that expensive.

It is $500 from what I’ve seen on 2 sites (out of stock, of course), it could be that they’re selling them at msrp. Even still at $350 with 30% discount, I don’t think I would buy one! I still have a couple Tesoro’s that I can hunt coins with. My Axiom will find artifacts and coins at good depths too.

• Like 1

They're gaining no friends over charging for these coils.  Deus 2 I can understand, Manticore should not cost much more than Equinox, yes they'll charge more as they give the illusion the detector is far superior therefore they can charge more for it and its accessories but I'm onto them, superior probably yes, far superior, well.... 🙂

• Like 1