M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

11 hours ago, ThatOneDigger said:

M8 for the Manticore is $500

That's probably just a placeholder price (i.e., not real) for online dealers who are trying to set up pages on their sites for those coils before they are actually released.  I've seen this before.  I really can't imagine that even ML's US MSRP is THAT high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is that Australian dollars though, most likely which makes it more a CTX coil price, sounds about right to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

Is that Australian dollars though, most likely which makes it more a CTX coil price, sounds about right to me.

phrunt, are you planning on getting both when they come out?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Is the sky blue?  :laugh:

I’m not going to say accessory coils are an obsession for Simon, but… :smile:

BTW - As a fellow MD hardware addict, I get it…

I'm new here, and I was leaning that way which is why I didn't ask "Which coil are you going to get?" Ha!

I'll wind up with the 15" most likely unless performance problems are reported. Hoping for the opposite with reports of how deep it hits.

• Like 1

I seriously doubt the Manticore accessory coils are $500.00. XP which has far more complicated internals are just $400.00. I could really use that M8 coil right now. I sure hope they start shipping soon. The M8 is all I can for see me buying.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

phrunt, are you planning on getting both when they come out?

Most certainly, the 11" is the coil I don't need.

Minelab don't price coils by how difficult they are to make, or how much they cost to make.  They price them by how expensive the initial detector purchase is, the more expensive the detector the more expensive the coils.

The Vanquish and Equinox is hard evidence of this, Vanquish coils are so cheap yet they're virtually identical to Equinox coils in how they are built internally.  With a different security chip of course.

Manticore coils will be significantly more expensive than Nox coils, it's just how life is as a Minelab customer.

• Like 2