M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

The 8 inch coil is gonna be a must have for me...I seen that $500 price as well and I hope thats not real.. Maybe thats why they are chipping the coils now... so they can gouge us. I've spent some serious money on Minelabs over the years but a guy can only take so much..

strick 

• Like 5

It's a must have for me, too.  I hope $500 isn't real as well...  I might actually just choke on that and rethink things.

- Dave

Pretty sure the 500 is just a place holder as has been said. Can't fathom a coil costing that much and anyway I would think Mine Lab would have used 499 instead of 500.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Not sure when it will make it the the U.S. but I have heard rumors about a release date of 1st Quarter, 2023. If that is true, then we can expect in anytime because this 1st Quarter is almost over.

I send my Minelab dealer a text weekly checking on the status of the coil. Plus I ordered another lower shaft for ease of changing from one coil to another.

I search for Manticore small coil on YouTube too. When I see a video, then I know it's out 🙂

Happy hunting.....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Elijah said:

tell me colleagues, in which store is there a 15" coil for Manticore on sale?

It's not been made yet unfortunately, who knows when they will release it.

• Oh my! 1

I'm not holding my breath for the coils to become available.  And I'm pessimistic about the cost when they do finally show up.

But I'm only a couple weeks out from starting to choose between my 800 with the 6" coil and the Manticore with the 11" coil on some types of sites and as of now, I think the Nox is not getting retired yet.

- Dave

• Like 1

it boggles the mind how Minelab releases the Mcore, then 900/700 and even Xterra Pro and yet 2 relatively simple tech coils are yet to be released....    These would be very popular, increasing Mcore usage and I would imagine them to be high profit margin items. I just don't get it Minelab. Myself, I want the small coil for jewellery hunting/light weight and will buy one as soon as it becomes available. Come on Minelab get off your proverbial asses...and make this happen.

• Like 1

Minelab don't see the importance of coils.   To them they're nothing but problems, ears snapping off etc... they are just an annoyance, they make detectors!   The high profit margin on coils diminishes when you're replacing them regularly under warranty.  The Nox 900 already had its coils in existence so it was no effort for them, all they did is thicken up the ears a bit on the 11" stock coil as its the coil everyone has and most people use the most so it's the coil that potentially has the most failures, they've taken a gamble leaving the 15x12" coil the same design, it has the most potential for failure but perhaps it is also the least sold coil so less failures over all, I'm sure it's a numbers game to them.  The 6" would rarely break being such a small light coil.

The X-terra had all new coils made for it, but we don't know if they're going to be available at release yet, even still with the Manticore coils likely to cost not far off the price of the X-terra then surely the profit margin on the Manticore coils is going to be a lot higher than the profit margin on the X-terra, they just see releasing another detector as more important than some coils because they're obviously needing more sales in the lower end detectors with their bean counters seeing the competition have control of that area of the market.

I hope they've let Coiltek start whenever they want to on the aftermarket coils, not delayed them so they can't start for a year or two, if they were to bring their coils to the market first they can benefit from a bulk of the sales, although I'm sure Minelab would never allow that.