Relic Hunting - The Usual And The Unusual

Great job!  The syringe top is wild to see.  How old do you think that is?

Hoping to get my fill of flat buttons late spring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PI-Man said:

How old do you think that is?

Anywhere from the 1850s to about the 1920s. Could be a fuel syringe.

• Like 3

Your unusual knob is the base of a Porcelain or Glass door knob, missing the part you would hold with your hand.  I've never found a base alone but several complete door knobs. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, JCR said:

Your unusual knob is the base of a Porcelain or Glass door knob, missing the part you would hold with your hand.  I've never found a base alone but several complete door knobs. 

I should have known that, having lived in Victorian houses with those very glass doorknobs. 🤦‍♂️ Thanks again JCR! 😀

• Like 2

More cool finds, F350! In fact I would lump all those musket balls in with the good stuff as well! They're historical too whether they're military or not. Well done!

I was wondering if the syringe might have been from a local veterinarian back in the day. From the looks of the break he might have been kicked by the horse he was trying to help. 😉

I would be interested to try your new relic type program in my mineralized ghost town sites to see how it peforms and report back, that is if we can get more than a 2 day break between snow falls around here. Where's that global warming when you need it? 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

More cool finds, F350! In fact I would lump all those musket balls in with the good stuff as well! They're historical too whether they're military or not. Well done!

I was wondering if the syringe might have been from a local veterinarian back in the day. From the looks of the break he might have been kicked by the horse he was trying to help. 😉

I would be interested to try your new relic type program in my mineralized ghost town sites to see how it peforms and report back, that is if we can get more than a 2 day break between snow falls around here. Where's that global warming when you need it? 😆

Thanks Cap'n!

I find so many of them I pretty much only keep the good ones in a box of stuff too big for Riker cases. 😀

I'm thinking it was probably a veterinarian too, there was a lot of activity with horses in this field. Probably about 100 buttons and various studs and horse tack pieces have been found. Could have been racing but we haven't found the cash drawer yet! Could also have been shows.

La Niña is alive and well here, we only had one cold snap at Christmas and have not as yet had snow. Might do some river hunting this week at an extreme low tide to test the 13". Looks like the 13s are trickling out again.

Check your mailbox, I'll be sending it to ya. Rather do it that way than post it. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1