Detecting Coins & Relics With The Garrett Axiom

The focus while designing the Axiom was 100% on the nugget detecting aspects. But I do think it will end up finding favor with some relic and coin hunters also. I will add information and videos about the subject to this thread as I come across them.

This is my best "not nugget" find with the Axiom so far is a silver 1914 sixpence I accidentally found while nugget detecting in Australia.

2022-herschbach-australia-pert-two--gold-nuggets-1.18gram.jpg

• Like 5

First up this Garrett video of Steve Moore and Rusty Curry doing some relic detecting with the Axiom. In case people think nobody at detector companies use detectors, that is definitely not the case at Garrett. Steve Moore is VP of marketing and Rusty works in customer support.

• Like 4

Here is an interview with Rusty Curry of Garrett about relic hunting with the Axiom.

”Rusty Curry, Garrett’s Application Advisor, has been metal detecting for over 26 years. He has spent several hours using the Garrett Axiom to gold nugget and relic hunt. Rusty is letting me interview him to learn more about the relic hunting capabilities of the Garrett Axiom. Below are my relic hunting Axiom questions and his answers.”

• Like 3

My First Relic Detection With The New Garrett Axiom Metal Detector by Aquachigger Nov 20, 2022

Today I decided to try searching a Civil War camp that has been heavily searched by myself and many others over the years. I wanted to try the new Garrett Axiom metal detector at this camp to see if I could find relics that other metal detectors couldn't hear. The Garrett Axiom is a pulse detector that is designed for detecting gold nuggets in highly mineralized soils. Not surprisingly, it did very well in this camp and I found far more relics than I would have expected with my usual detector.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard to the posting side of the forums autopilot42 !

Good to see you come in from the lurking side.

I promise nobody will bite.

Well except Gerry , on a big hunk o yellah.😉