San Diego, San Luis Obispo, And Ne Oklahoma

619_805_okie

Greetings from a new member in San Luis Obispo, CA. I also spend time in san diego, as well as north east Oklahoma. Started metal detecting in August with a simplex and upgraded this weekend to a Deus 2 since the simplex struggles in wet salt. I'm addicted and metal detect or research about every free minute I have from work. 

If you're around SLO and want to beep around, let me know. Really looking forward to learning about the Deus 2 from you all, as it has a lot of fine tuning. 

So far I've found 2 gold rings, 7 or 8 silver rings, one late 1800s barrel tap, a few mercs, a silver half dollar, and my first find was a 1918 standing liberty quarter! I'm also a newly addicted bottle hunter if anyone wants to give that a shot! Thank you all for the awesome posts and your contributions to helping us newbies.

20221011_204949.jpg

20221011_204922.jpg

• Like 9

Um, you might want to treat that quarter nicely.  It's difficult to tell from your low res (out-of-focus?) photo but it could be the overdate 1918/17-S (click here); one of two keys in the series.

And welcome!

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum and I am sure that there will be someone that is going to take you up on your offer to hunt.

People here are willing to share their knowledge with you and hope you visit the forum on your detector just to see more of what it can do.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! Did you find that fantastic coin with the Simplex or the D2? 👍 You are lucky indeed. The D2 was a great choice especially if you like light. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Welcome to the forum! Did you find that fantastic coin with the Simplex or the D2? 👍 You are lucky indeed. The D2 was a great choice especially if you like light. 

Found it with the simplex and a city park that has been hammered for decades! 

Thanks for the welcome guys. I took the D2 out tonight for some beach detecting and I'm starting to get it nailed down. I found 20ish coins and another silver ring with a giant fake pink diamond. I dug a wheat penny over a foot deep in the wet sand which just blows my mind.  20230123_221541.thumb.jpg.e30e2845b423b3e4249e5711e9aa9f4d.jpg20230123_221553.thumb.jpg.af815390f801b3d977fade74bcf05dae.jpg20230123_221547.thumb.jpg.3ad861b5ec20d09ebdeff243b05ad10c.jpg

• Like 5

On 1/22/2023 at 2:22 PM, 619_805_okie said:

Greetings from a new member in San Luis Obispo, CA. I also spend time in san diego, as well as north east Oklahoma. Started metal detecting in August with a simplex and upgraded this weekend to a Deus 2 since the simplex struggles in wet salt. I'm addicted and metal detect or research about every free minute I have from work. 

If you're around SLO and want to beep around, let me know. Really looking forward to learning about the Deus 2 from you all, as it has a lot of fine tuning. 

So far I've found 2 gold rings, 7 or 8 silver rings, one late 1800s barrel tap, a few mercs, a silver half dollar, and my first find was a 1918 standing liberty quarter! I'm also a newly addicted bottle hunter if anyone wants to give that a shot! Thank you all for the awesome posts and your contributions to helping us newbies.

Welcome! 

Those are some dang nice finds for a newbie -- you've got me beat, for sure! Keep on learning and sharing what you find, and don't hesitate to ask questions because the folks here are super-friendly and helpful.

• Like 1

Welcome from East Texas. You have landed in a good spot here.

• Thanks 1