Headphone Problem With New 900

Эд78

Hello everybody!  Today I connected the headphones to the nox 900 and the speaker worked only from the right, the left speaker is silent!  I reconnected and the opposite started to work, the right speaker stopped working!  Then about an hour later I tried to connect the headphones again and miraculously both speakers worked!  And already in the evening, I turned on the MD again and only the right speaker worked again!  Restarted many times and nothing has changed, only the right speaker of the headphones works!

What headphones are you using and how are they connected? Are you talking about the included wireless headphones? Connected wirelessly? Or something else? If you are using the wireless headphones, try resetting them.

"The ML 85 wireless headphones come with an auxiliary cable that allows the headphones to be used as wired headphones."

Try to use the 1/8" wired connection that comes with the headphones to connect directly to the detector (cable on bottom right below). This will help determine if the problem is the headphone itself, or the wireless connection.

I do not see anything in the manual about how to reset the wireless headphones, but here is how you did it with the Equinox 800 headphones.

1. Turn the headphones off.
2. Press and hold the headphone Multi-Function button for approximately 10 seconds, until the headphones beep twice and the Status LED flashes pink.
3. Release the button. The headphones will now be in pairing mode with the LED indicator flashing blue and red.

If you want to use 1/4" wired headphone options you need an adapter:

Official Minelab Headphone Adapter Dongle For Equinox

minelab-ml85-headphones-equinox-700-900.jpg

• Like 3

You are correct Steve, same. found this. 

FACTORY RESET
Make sure the headphones are turned Off.
Press the MFB 2 for approximately 10 seconds until there
are 2 beeps and the Status LED 4 flashes pink 2 times. Release the button.
The Status LED 4 will now be flashing red and blue, indicating that the headphones are in pairing mode.
All previously paired devices will be unpaired.

From: https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/495018/ML 105 Instruction Manual EN ES.pdf

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 1:29 PM, Эд78 said:

Hello everybody!  Today I connected the headphones to the nox 900 and the speaker worked only from the right, the left speaker is silent!  I reconnected and the opposite started to work, the right speaker stopped working!  Then about an hour later I tried to connect the headphones again and miraculously both speakers worked!  And already in the evening, I turned on the MD again and only the right speaker worked again!  Restarted many times and nothing has changed, only the right speaker of the headphones works!

Don't be a drive by poster, one post, then gone. Did you figure out what the problem was? Letting us know what it was might help other people, as you yourself sought help from others.

• Like 6