Which 2nd Coil For Deus II

Capphd

I have a Deus II with the 9" coil. Love it. I have owned light machines (Troy X2 and X5 for example), but this one is the king of all day swinging. And what power they pack into that tiny package! Anyway, I want to add a larger coil? Do I get the 11 or the 11x13? I am leaning toward the latter as it doesn't weight that much more than the 11 and provides 2" more coverage. Am I right?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Capphd said:

I have a Deus II with the 9" coil. Love it. I have owned light machines (Troy X2 and X5 for example), but this one is the king of all day swinging. And what power they pack into that tiny package! Anyway, I want to add a larger coil? Do I get the 11 or the 11x13? I am leaning toward the latter as it doesn't weight that much more than the 11 and provides 2" more coverage. Am I right?

I bought the 11" originally, and just purchased the 11 x 13".  If I had it to do over, I would have bought the 9" and then the 11 x13". A little weight difference between the 11" and the 11 x 13", but not enough to matter to me. I'm usually hunting the beach, and like the extra coverage. I think you're leaning th right way. 

• Like 3

I totally agree with Jed. 👍 I initially bought the 9", was worried that I'd never see the 13" so I bought the 11". Ended up being one of the first to get the 13"!

Used it once and put on the 13". Since then I've found that the 13" is great in fields and on the beach. If you're considering getting a SteveG CF shaft, that will be a lot better for balance and feel. Didn't like either of them on the stock shaft.

This year the farmers knocked all the corn and bean stalks down here, and planted cover crop, so it's a breeze to use the larger coil for relic hunting.

Tried it on a local beach today and it nailed a quarter that was over a foot deep. 👍 I may keep the 11"as a backup or sell it. Not sure yet.

• Like 3

I have the 11 and 9.  I don't have the 11x13.  Between the 11 and 9, I haven't found a target with the 11 that the 9 couldn't also obtain, as far as depth goes.  But the same can't be said vice versa.  I've definitely found targets with the 9 that the 11 didn't get because of lots of trash, iron, etc.  The 9 is now a semi permanent attachment for me.  I don't really know if the 11x13 would be much different than the 11" round....I'd like to know though.  I would REALLY love a smaller elliptical for it.  A 5x8 would have me slobbering.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

I have the 11 and 9.  I don't have the 11x13.  Between the 11 and 9, I haven't found a target with the 11 that the 9 couldn't also obtain, as far as depth goes.  But the same can't be said vice versa.  I've definitely found targets with the 9 that the 11 didn't get because of lots of trash, iron, etc.  The 9 is now a semi permanent attachment for me.  I don't really know if the 11x13 would be much different than the 11" round....I'd like to know though.  I would REALLY love a smaller elliptical for it.  A 5x8 would have me slobbering.

Yes!!!! I think a lot of us are wanting a coil like the original Deus 9.5x5" coil even if it's just for land use. I don't think many water hunters would need a small elliptical coil, but I could be wrong.

The extra coverage of the 11x13" would be great for fields and beaches though.

• Like 1

I actually went the other way, I have the 9 and 11,  I don't mind the 11 it works great here for bigger parks with less contamination. Good on the beach, but the 11 x 13 would be better if I was a full time beach hunter.

• Like 1