Which 2nd Coil For Deus II

Capphd

A little late on this thread but personally I would buy the 11 coil because it is 100g lighter than the 13 X 11 and 100g less at the shaft end makes a big difference for me ...

Coils and Coil covers | XP METAL DETECTORS

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, palzynski said:

A little late on this thread but personally I would buy the 11 coil because it is 100g lighter than the 13 X 11 and 100g less at the shaft end makes a big difference for me ...

Coils and Coil covers | XP METAL DETECTORS

Indeed it does, well said.

BUT -- if the performance of the 11x13 over the 11" justifies it (and I am in no way speculating as to whether it does, or not), that extra 100g is nothing that a bit of counterweighting can't offset...

Steve

• Like 3

I'm a full time beach hunter and use the 11" coil exclusively.    In my view, and my view only, I look at the 11x13 as having the advantage over the 11" only in its ability to cover a little more area per swing.  The "east-west" dimension of the double D 11x13 i.e. 11" is the more important dimension in terms of determining depth capability.  So, the 11" is fine for me as it nicely covers enough ground over the time I can physically spend on the beach these days and goes just as deep as I want to dig!  😅

Additionally, my experience with larger coils, on the CTX for example, is that they may not be as precise when pinpointing than smaller coils and they're just a mite heavier....which I don't need.

So, the conclusion from my foxhole....I'm happy with the 11"  😉

• Like 5

3 hours ago, steveg said:

that extra 100g is nothing that a bit of counterweighting can't offset...

You'll be happy to know that I have found that your detector rod for the Deus 2 is more than great for the 13x11. Once the lower rod is shortened enough to make it "float" in the hand, it is a breeze to swing. I'm 6'1 and have no issues. Don't mean to reduce your counterweight sales, this is more kudos to the design itself 🤔 I have mentioned before that this setup is lighter than an Equinox with the 10x5 Coiltek on your excellent shafts.

I tried a centering device, and ended up breaking 3 of them (from torque and bolt pressure), and found I was detecting the rivets, or on occasion, the steel shank in my boots. 😀 Too close!

I now appreciate and understand the stock attachment point. 😎 Due to its additional coverage I doubt the 11" will see much action.

• Like 3

F350 --

LOL!  I am really happy to hear that even with the 11x13 attached, that you find the machine to be well balanced when installed on my D2 carbon shaft.  I definitely tried to do what I could to make the shaft light and -- as balanced as possible with the D2 attached WITHOUT requiring counterweight.  But of course, the counterweight option is there for those who find that they need a bit better balance still...

THANKS!  🙂

Steve

• Like 1

Couldn’t make up my mind soooooo. Good side by side for judgement.

64BA87F3-5354-448F-BEB3-911B22D1B581.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

Couldn’t make up my mind soooooo. Good side by side for judgement.

64BA87F3-5354-448F-BEB3-911B22D1B581.jpeg

That 11x13 looks so much bigger than the 11”.  Has anyone actually measured the width of both?   From your pic the 11x13 looks a little wider than the 11”.  It’s probably just the perspective.  

5 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Additionally, my experience with larger coils, on the CTX for example, is that they may not be as precise when pinpointing than smaller coils and they're just a mite heavier....which I don't need.

You did nail it here, Colonel. 👍 Nothing pinpoints (or X-points) better than the 9", except maybe a 10x5 elliptical 😏. I'd be first to pre order one of those despite the price if XP decides it's heard enough of our "kvetching" about it, and makes one... 🤣

10x5 10x5 10x5 10x5 10x5 10x5.

Did I write 10x5? Yep. 😀 Check.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

You did nail it here, Colonel. 👍 Nothing pinpoints (or X-points) better than the 9", except maybe a 10x5 elliptical 😏. I'd be first to pre order one of those despite the price if XP decides it's heard enough of our "kvetching" about it, and makes one... 🤣

10x5 10x5 10x5 10x5 10x5 10x5.

Did I write 10x5? Yep. 😀 Check.

Ditto that!

10x5... 9.5x5... 9x5... any of those will do! 😏

• Like 4