Handle Grip

Brad Plohman

I added some rubber gun grip material to the handle on my Steve G shaft for a little more grip in the water. I left enough space between the panels to still show off that beautiful carbon fiber handle. The rubber material is sticky back and very thin. It adheres really well and I think should stand up in the water no problem.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222358091494

20230124_192737.jpg

• Like 7

Brad, that is VERY nice!  I have had a couple of folks ask me about whether my handle gets "slippery" in the water, and I have always said I don't know -- that I'm not a water hunter, but haven't had complaints.  It looks like perhaps you did feel it was a bit slick, in the water, and found an EXCELLENT solution!  That was my final assessment, when designing the handles.  For us "land hunters," the handle is fine as is.  Plus, many of us wear gloves, and so slip is -- I think -- of no issue for a land hunter.  BUT -- I figured for water hunters, if some required some assistance, that there are a number of "grip-type" materials out there, wraps and such, that folks would find what works for them.  And I have to say that your solution is about as good of one as I could recommend!  Outstanding, and I will mention this to any additional customers who may ask.

Meanwhile, Dcraun, I probably would have initially tried what you did -- raided my hockey bag!  LOL!  I've also used "Winn Grips" products on some of my machines -- they sell wraps that fisherman use on their rod handles; I've also used "vet tape" at times, as well.  These are all options.  But wow, that stuff that Brad is using?  NICE solution!

Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steveg said:

It looks like perhaps you did feel it was a bit slick, in the water

Thanks Steve, all the water around here is ice for another 3 months so I haven't actually tried it yet to say one way or another. It'd probably be fine without, as most of the gloves I use have their own grip, this just ensures it. I'm also really pleased with the look of it. Again, great job on this shaft, I love the feel of it on my arm and can't wait to put it to work.

• Like 2

Brad --

DUH!  Never even thought about the fact that you are in the middle of winter up there in the North!

Anyway, love the grip idea!

And, thanks for the kind words on the shaft!  Much appreciated!

Steve

• Like 1