The True Meaning Of January 24, 1848 Gold 'discovery' In California

mn90403

6 hours ago, klunker said:

Good. I don't want you driving over here to my gold fields and discovering how easy it is to become filthy rich detecting the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Well done Klunker; the vigilant guardian of our foothill treasures. 

• Haha 5

I enjoyed re-reading the story with lots of little extras added in it makes for  good read thanks Mitchel. 

strick 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, klunker said:

Good. I don't want you driving over here to my gold fields and discovering how easy it is to become filthy rich detecting the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Well that`s bloody lovely, here us downunders have invited you folks over here, chauffeured you around like nobility, helped you get gold on our fields. And what!!!! Can`t even find if California is even in the US never mind the Sierra Nevada mountains. I`m dirty............

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Come here Norvic and I take you to my secret spots (where no detector has gone before...) 😜🤠

GC

• Haha 1

Thank You GC I am now feeling much better, even forgive KL, ah no your not a Trekkie too?

• Like 1

I had no problem with the link working....but for anyone having issues with it here's a link to the story in a news article from 2017.

https://www.laweekly.com/the-incredible-story-of-californias-first-gold-strike-takes-place-just-minutes-from-downtown-l-a/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Norvic said:

ah no your not a Trekkie too?

Ah, you got the hint! 😁Of course I am!  I met Leonard Nimoy (Spock) at a carwash in LA. I have his autograph in a frame right next to my gold collection. "Where no man has gone before" is a good recipe to find gold in CA. You just have to find those places. Literally everywhere you go someone with a beard has been there before...

🖖 GC

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Norvic said:

Well that`s bloody lovely, here us downunders have invited you folks over here, chauffeured you around like nobility, helped you get gold on our fields. And what!!!! Can`t even find if California is even in the US never mind the Sierra Nevada mountains. I`m dirty............

Now you've made me feel ashamed of myself. I will expect you here sometime between June first and September 30th but first read Mn90403s' article so that you have astronomically high expectations. 

I will loan you my 2 quart pressurized container of bear spray, a gold sniffing hound, a Jeep with the steering on the right side  (which would be the left side), Your choice of a gaggle of detectors and Sourdough Scott. 

• Haha 7

Thank You kind KL, I`d jump at the chance, the bears, the gaggle, SS but that Jeep nah nah, any chance you have a 70 series Toyota laying around?

GC🖖 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Norvic said:

any chance you have a 70 series Toyota laying around?

I'll see what I can find. I am assuming you want the Toyota because, unlike my Jeep, it has windows, a heater, air conditioning, a radio and brakes.

• Haha 4