First Gold Of 2023 With The Deus 2

Steelheader

Beautiful ring! That's the same ID I dug some pulltabs at yesterday, so I'm guessing you dug a few too. 😀

Yes, I have notched 11-40, and I dig everything above 40.  You have to dig a lot of trash in order to get gold.

• Like 2

Great job! Thanks for posting your settings and ID number. I’ve had great luck with notching up to 40 as well. Notching just works differently on the Deus2 than it has on any other  detector so far. I’m still trying to figure out the perfect notch settings so I’m curious if you’re hunting in a park and not relic hunting  why didn’t you notch out the iron as well? With the testing I’ve done so far I have found that the iron tones can still mask a good signal but once they’re notched out the signal will come through loud and clear.

• Like 1

I hunt mostly parks and schools in my area.  There is not a lot of relic hunting to do here.  Iron is not a big problem here, but I like to hear it.  I have the iron volume set at 2.  Bottle caps are a problem, and I have the bottle cap reject set at 3.