Arg! My Speaker Quit!

Cal_

Bummer!  My brand new (couple weeks) Legend speaker just died while doing some stupid air test and watching it snow.  Checked the obvious stuff.  Not muted and the headphones still work.  Speaker volume was set on 3.  Sent in a service form.  Now I'm wondering how long a service ordeal like this would take?  Anyone been thru a speaker replacement?

I think you will be surprised at how quick they will turn it around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JCR said:

I think you will be surprised at how quick they will turn it around.

Yep I did some searching on the net after I settled.  They have service centers closer to me than I expected.  Still a  hassle to have to pack up a nearly new detector and ship it off.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cal_ said:

Yep I did some searching on the net after I settled.  They have service centers closer to me than I expected.  Still a  hassle to have to pack up a nearly new detector and ship it off.   

What firmware version was your Legend since you only received it a couple of weeks ago ???

11 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

What firmware version was your Legend since you only received it a couple of weeks ago ???

v1.09

• Like 1

Cal_
 I had the Simplex and out detecting with it the first time . It was working great until I turned it off and back on but no speaker then.

Turn around time was great but I wasn’t told what the problem was. 

Chuck 

25 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Cal_
 I had the Simplex and out detecting with it the first time . It was working great until I turned it off and back on but no speaker then.

Turn around time was great but I wasn’t told what the problem was. 

Chuck 

I understand the problem was due to a bad batch of speakers.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cal_ said:

Bummer!  My brand new (couple weeks) Legend speaker just died while doing some stupid air test and watching it snow.  Checked the obvious stuff.  Not muted and the headphones still work.  Speaker volume was set on 3.  Sent in a service form.  Now I'm wondering how long a service ordeal like this would take?  Anyone been thru a speaker replacement?

Cal,

When mine went out, after boxing it up and sending it out, I had it back in about a week.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 1