Are The Minelab Manticore Users Just Beta Testers?

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

All buyers of all new detectors in the first few months these days are just doing the final testing.

So my pay check from Mine Lab should be arriving in the mail shortly....

• Haha 3

Got my first silver with mine today too, ancient silver ring about as roached out as silver can get, 12" deep on a beach at the Great Salt Lake.

I don't have enough time on the machine to even comment.  So far though, yeah, I like it, not wowed, but not unhappy.  The EMI advantage I have seen too, and that was my main reason for buying the Manticore.  It's deep on the GSL beach, I think.  So I'm happy.  No complaints.  But not wowed, either.  Yet.  Don't need to be wowed though.  Happy is good enough.

- Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, longbow62 said:

I like the Manticore. I just have not been wowed by it yet. Maybe I expected to much. I can't find anything to gripe about the way it functions really. So far from everything I can tell It's way better than the Equinox around EMI. That in itself is a major win.

There are plenty of nice touches. The menu layout and navigation is great. The screen itself looks fantastic. Plenty of audio options. I like AT HC and AT LC the best. I still say the Manticore eats battery pretty fast. I was using AT HC the whole time today about 5 hours. I think this new screen has to use more battery than the Equinox screen too.

My hunt today was an old ball field my buddy found. Lots of really deep clad. To stinking deep actually, and very corroded. I swear some this clad 9"-12" deep. I'm glad the ground was wet, but flipping the plug was tough. Saturated clay is heavy. I got my first silver with the Manticore today. Also a sterling silver marksmanship medal. 

WOW!  I guess it depends how much wow is worth.🙂

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Well I'm coming from a Fisher CZ-21 which has 4 knobs and no screen, so......I'M WOWED!!

It don't take much to wow me. 😆

But you have a keen ear now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

But you have a keen ear now!

Yes sir, but I already find myself  habitually looking at the screen after my ears tell me a target is there for further info/confirmation.

It's like "Wow! This is nice!" Ha!

• Like 1

I haven't got in the habit of using the 2D screen yet.  Keep forgetting to even look at it when I hear a good signal.  The silver ring yesterday, I just heard a high tone and saw 5 bars on the depth meter and got to digging.  I do want to learn the 2D screen, and will, but I really need to start reminding myself it's there.  So far, about the only time I've looked at it, is on targets I think I probably shouldn't dig, and so far, yup, I shouldn't have dug them lol!

- Dave

• Like 3