Why Are These Pulse Induction Devices So Expensive, The Price Of A Popular Car?

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

This is off my GPX's replacement coil, it says Made in Malaysia, so I assumed it was the handy work of Plexus?

Build date 2021 on that coil. Likely gonna be another crap one unless you're lucky like I was.....

• 3 weeks later...

On 26/01/2023 at 00:22, Steve Herschbach said:

O VLf custa menos e tem melhor discriminação, mas não chega nem perto do melhor desempenho do PI em terrenos muito ruins. É por isso que quase todos os principais garimpeiros usam detectores PI. Não é porque eles gostam de gastar muito dinheiro. :sorriso:

• How Metal Detectors Work  por Mark Rowan & William Lahr - Originalmente publicado pela White's Electronics como um livreto P/N 621-0395 . Informações básicas, mas bastante técnicas, sobre como funcionam os detectores de metal por indução de pulso e balanceamento por indução.  

Thank you all for the explanation here in my country, Brazil doesn't have much information about this technology. There are many devices here, but no one shared knowledge.

Well, friends, looking at these two models is what I found here in my country.

SDC 2300 for BRL 15,199.90 x GPX 5000 for BRL 17,849.90. Looking at the device, I believe that the GPX 5000 must be better than the SDC 2300. Because the model is very different. But tell me I never had a PI device which you would recommend me to start with.

However, I fell in love with this model DETECTOR AXIOM GARRETT is for R$32,317.00, while looking at minelab I found GPX 6000 for R$36,339.90.

Difference of 4 thousand, but it is a lot of money to invest. In my case, the closest is the GPX 5000 or SDC 2300, which have a more affordable price.

My friends, which one would you indicate to me the most. Here in MT Grosso the soil is mineralized I have the gold monster it suffers from highly mineralized red earth soil.

47 minutes ago, Joel - cacadordereliquia said:

My friends, which one would you indicate to me the most.

Is the gold you are chasing mostly small and shallow or larger, deeper pieces? 

• Like 1

Of your choices the most versatile (able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities.) and cost effective is the GPX 5000. What it lacks against the others can be overcome with a selection of coils. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Geotech said:

The Garrett Axiom is way overpriced, should be around R$20,800.

Based solely on how the Axiom is priced here in Oz, the Brazilian price should be R$27,000. But, I know that the customs duties and taxes for imports are insanely high there. Am guessing thats why the US$ calculations don't equate fairly.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Northeast said:

O ouro que você está perseguindo é principalmente peças pequenas e rasas ou peças maiores e mais profundas? 

Thank you for your help

Friend, here in my region there are two types of gold, the pepita and nugget of up to 5g that I have already found with the gold moster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joel - cacadordereliquia said:

two types of gold, the pepita and nugget of up to 5g

OK.   So I guess pepita = reasonably small, about the size of a pumpkin seed? 

And 5g is obviously 5g.   

The reason I ask is that if you have mostly small gold, mostly shallow gold and very mineralised red ground then the SDC 2300 is maybe going to be your best choice.  

It is the cheapest of the models you are looking at, it excels on small gold, it excels in mineralised ground and it is really simple to use.  However, it is not the deepest of the machines you are looking at and coil selection is very limited compared to something like a GPX 5000.  

And, like geof_junk said, the 5000 is very versatile and would help in lots of different situations.  It is also much more complex to learn than the SDC 2300.   There are always trade-offs unfortunately.   

In the end it is of course your decision and will depend on other factors like how much gold do you think there is to find, how often do you go out looking for gold, is this your hobby or your job, how much effort do you want to put into learning a complex detector versus a very simple detector, etc.  

Best of luck and please come back and show us your gold when you find it 😊

• Like 6

well said Northeast....!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/02/2023 at 07:54, Northeast said:

OK. Então eu acho que pepita = razoavelmente pequeno, do tamanho de uma semente de abóbora? 

E 5g é obviamente 5g.   

A razão pela qual pergunto é que, se você tiver principalmente ouro pequeno, principalmente ouro raso e solo vermelho muito mineralizado, o SDC 2300 talvez seja sua melhor escolha.  

É o mais barato dos modelos que você está vendo, se destaca em ouro pequeno, se destaca em solo mineralizado e é muito simples de usar. No entanto, não é a mais profunda das máquinas que você está olhando e a seleção de bobinas é muito limitada em comparação com algo como um GPX 5000.  

E, como geof_junk disse, o 5000 é muito versátil e ajudaria em muitas situações diferentes. Também é muito mais complexo de aprender do que o SDC 2300. Infelizmente, sempre há compensações.   

No final, é claro que a decisão é sua e dependerá de outros fatores, como quanto ouro você acha que há para encontrar, com que frequência você sai em busca de ouro, esse é seu hobby ou seu trabalho, quanto esforço você faz deseja colocar no aprendizado um detector complexo versus um detector muito simples, etc.  

Boa sorte e, por favor, volte e mostre-nos o seu ouro quando o encontrar  😊

Good morning, Northeast. Thank you for your help.

I was looking at the SDC 2300, it's more like a smaller nugget, now the GPX 5000 goes deeper and has several coils for this model.

As the device graph shows, the GPX 5000 takes second place compared to the GPZ 7000.

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/WnTPph0

Looking at the graph, you can see that the SDC 2300 gains in smaller nuggets of up to 5 grams down. Now when it goes to medium nuggets of 10 to 50 grams the GPX 5000 already gives a boost, and when it goes to nuggets of 100 grams the 5000 with the 15x12 coiltec coil takes almost half of the GPX 7000.

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/8Dgb_kY

Now, in this other graph, the GPX 5000 has one star for nuggets and 3 stars for big nuggets. It will only lose to the GPX 6000, this GPX 6000 it has 5 stars for a smaller object and 4 stars for a large object (GOLD), but the GPX 6000 is more than 30 thousand out of the budget.

From the graph, you can see that the GPX 6000 is a complete device, both for smaller nuggets and for large nuggets. While the GPZ 7000 is focused on big nuggets, it has 5 stars for big gold.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I accept criticism.

More was researching and I could see that the 5000 is for Gold Prospecting and Deep Relic. But it does not even show an indicator on the screen if it is ferrous or not, this GPX 5000 it beeps in ferrous stone, how do I know if it is ferrous stone or non-ferrous metal.

Because the GOLD MONSTER 1000 shows it on the screen, when it keeps changing I dig. Now with the 5000 you don't have that option.

I'll have to dig everything like a Polish Pi, I've already found ferrous stone that whistled like non-ferrous metal.