My Relic Hunting Buddy Passed Away

Sammy boy. My Heart is broken. He was with me for 16 years. A great run.

295.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 26
  • Oh my! 2

Sorry to read this George, it's tough to lose a buddy, and especially a detecting buddy. My Maltese is also named Sammy (for Sammy Hagar), he doesn't go detecting with me but he is always happy to see me when I get back from a hunt and always "inspects" my gear to ensure it is clean. 😀

I have experienced this same loss not too long ago with an 8 year old Maltese. My condolences to you.

The one great comfort is the memory of all the wonderful time you spent with a faithful companion. A long run indeed.

RIP Sammy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That’s a tough one George. My little guy is almost 11 now...since the kids are gone he’s like our child.

God speed Sammy boy.

strick

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm so sorry to hear that. Pets are part of the family and hard to loose. I hope you get another good dog.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to hear this. 

My little buddy is fading fast, has a mass on his liver. only 8 years old. He is a yorkie Maltese mix, mostly yorkie, and is a very good boy. 

I never felt such grief about losing a pet before. I will be devastated. 

I don't take him detecting but every time I come back he smells the dirt to see where I have been digging. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm really sorry, George. Only a dog person can understand how tough it is to lose a long-term companion.  I'll have you and Sammy in my thoughts.

Jim

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

George  

This old boy has cried over the loss of a dog than some family and because I knew that dog loved me.

Chuck 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• The title was changed to My Relic Hunting Buddy Passed Away