The New Stinger X5 Gold Detector

You mean the device sold that shamelessly rips off an old Garrett model name? I won’t help them by linking to their website, so people will have to Google it. Simply trying to Google the old Garrett model brings this thing up, no doubt what they intended. And only $2499! 

Be interesting to know exactly where this is made, as the U.S. is claimed and made a big deal of in the advertising. It seems to be sold far more outside the U.S. than in this country, and got here last. It first appeared on Middle eastern websites in early 2021. The U.S. website is newer than the foreign based websites. I literally never heard of it until today.

I'd like to say more but I don't need to get myself in hot water, so I'll leave it at that, and let people figure it out for themselves. Do yourself a favor and stick with the name brand detectors discussed on these forums.

The original Gold Stinger:

garrett-scorpion-gold-stinger-metal-detector.jpg

The X5:

gold-stinger.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to The New Stinger X5 Gold Detector
1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I won’t help them by linking to their website, so people will have to Google it.

Ok, I couldn't help myself.  I thought the following search result was too funny not to share.  (Hint: look at the site name and then look at the highlighted title.)

1384612440_Screenshotat2023-01-27120117.png.e7fa475773d169d7a49fdb05962a7d5c.png

Cool, a USA "made" detector with a Florida zip code and a phone number from Turkey.

By no means am I implying anything bad about Turkey. I love my Nokta detectors. 

I don't for one second think this detector is being made in Turkey.......

• Like 1

Orient detectors also sell a VLF Gpx 6000, but never fear it has a 2 meter depth.

detectors.jpg.f040b5392d97edcc0ea3dde91ada4f9f.jpg

They also have an excellent range of Long Range Gold Detectors.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Looks like it is made in Asia. Saw some noobtube videos and think your better off with better known brands.

Here's the manual.. https://www.orient-tec.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Gold-Stinger-X5_User-Manual_English.pdf 

And here's a fascinating insight into the workings of this new detector:

Screenshot 2023-01-28 174734.jpg

thank you guys for your answers, I had seen that the videos were in the middle east or in asia, so I suspected that it should not be made in the united states. as you are there you know more than me and there are detection professionals among you, which is not my case, thank you for your information👍

• Like 3

the video I saw was only big targets and not small ones, what interested me about this detector is that it could supposedly donate the nature of metal like gold but I saw the Note that it is only on a certain coductivity range so it is wrong

• Like 1