Why The Tarsacci Works For Me

I am spending a week at the beach waiting for the tide to go down.  I will post the finds later.  While reading the other posts about what is the best detector, I realized why the Tarsacci is the beach machine for me.

1.  In mixed mode it gives a very clear dig or don't dig signal.  Since I am a simple person, this is all I need.  It doesn't matter if it's a penny or a gold ring, if the Tarsacci tells me to dig, I dig.

2. It will reach down 16 inches.  In the surf, where the holes are filling in as quickly as I can dig them, I really don't need anything much deeper.  Could I use it in the wet sand?  Maybe, but how much deeper are the new machines?  A half an inch?  

3 It is built like a tank.  I am pretty rough on my equipment and the Tarsacci has never failed me.

4. It pinpoints spot on when you find a target.  The thing I hated about the Nox was the pinpoint function was poor and I would lose targets in the wet sand when they sunk out of sight because I was digging in the wrong place and the hole was filling in.

Depth, Accuracy and Rugged.

My only complaint is I would like it to be a little lighter, but Dimitar can do that with the next Tarsacci.  Some people want accurate vdi numbers and pretty tones.  I just want the machine to tell me when and where to dig.    

• Like 4

Good luck on you hunt.

Well I believe more standard tones would help especially in the deeper water.  I’m waiting to see if any of the machines get better depth in the water where’s there is less trash.  Running in AM you get the pops rather than the false tones… to many tones and any machine can get chatty when run the way you can this machine.  

i agree it’s a very well made machine…. Thou I can tell you problems I’ve had….. none of which cost me a ton of money for repairs.  

• Like 2

Tones, Tones, Tones, updatable. That’s my wishes. Good luck on your spin. On another note, Dew told me several years ago, Dimitar had one in his driveway beating the living daylights out of it and the screen with a hammer. Now that’s tough!!!

On 1/27/2023 at 12:46 PM, Carolina said:

Tones, Tones, Tones, updatable. That’s my wishes. Good luck on your spin. On another note, Dew told me several years ago, Dimitar had one in his driveway beating the living daylights out of it and the screen with a hammer. Now that’s tough!!!

Yeah, but can it survive the USPS? (Inside joke for those of you not familiar with Carolina's shipping experience a few years back...) 😉

• The title was changed to Why The Tarsacci Works For Me
  • 3 months later...

There is a guy sending me his Tarsacci to try.  He said it has a learning curve but I'm up to it.  I plan on using it exclusively and not pick up another detector till I get the hang of it.  May of the places where I hunt is the iron bearing red clay of Virginia.  On top of that, throw in a mix of thick coal slack and you have some of the worst cases of VLF shutdowns.  Been hunting these locations for 10+ years and can say it's tough ground to punch through.  Between me and my hunting buddy we have had over a dozen different VLF machines at these locations.  Of all, the White's TDI SL has outperformed them all, but without discrimination.  I'll keep everyone posted as I progress. 

Mark,    Read all the forum discussion you can about running the Tarsacci, here and on Dankowski's forum. It will help a lot on the learning curve. That and try several different pairs of headphones until you find some that bring out the Tones the best for YOU. It should prove to be a very good machine in your red clay. I have the same type of soil on many of my relic sites but without the coal waste. Folks in East Texas were wood burners!

• Like 1