Whats Old Is New Again

MrLee

Hey All, 

Midwesterner transplant roaming up and down the West Coast, been living in NW Oregon the last few years and digging it every chance I get. 

Been an XP user for about about 8 years now with the Deus and Deus2 but impulsively picked up a Manticore last week and have been focused on learning all its beeps and bonks. 

Did some prospecting while living in California.  Really enjoyed it and looking to get back into it around Oregon and Washington. 

Still enjoy camping and fly fishing too, but detecting gets most of my attention now.

For your enjoyment, heres a fake picture of me in the future, using the latest in detecting technologies at my local beach. 

image.thumb.png.5e7e5df5e7b12ade7cb6f32f7094ac61.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

You may be too high tech according to the picture you posted.

I for one need lots of help and you may be the one that fits the bill for me.

Laying the jokes aside it’s great to have you here and just maybe we can help each other.

Feel free to chime in anytime you wish. I got my wife thinking that I know everything but I have to admit that’s not totally true.

Pull up a chair your home now.

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome, MrLee!  Your detector looks just a tad toe-heavy and your posture seems to be suffering from it....

• Haha 3

Welcome from East Texas.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum and I think were glad to have you here. That picture shows me that we may have someone crazy to watch out for or it may just be me that's the crazy one.

I just don't know at this time.

We will be looking forward to your stories of your finds and please include some recent pictures of them because for one I really don't think that you can really take pictures  from the future and bring them back with you. Time travel is a tricky thing.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome from the other side. I'm on the east coast. 😀

There are many "dark sides" of detecting to switch to, I started with Garrett and Minelab, and have gone rogue to the Deus 2. Can't get enough of fiddling with the lightest detector there is, God forbid your future photo becomes a reality. 😀 Love the Ansel Adams border and the sepia tones - very "Mad Max". 🤣

Good luck and happy hunting, hope to see some of your exploits. 🫣

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 4:16 AM, F350Platinum said:

Welcome from the other side. I'm on the east coast. 😀

There are many "dark sides" of detecting to switch to, I started with Garrett and Minelab, and have gone rogue to the Deus 2. Can't get enough of fiddling with the lightest detector there is, God forbid your future photo becomes a reality. 😀 Love the Ansel Adams border and the sepia tones - very "Mad Max". 🤣

Good luck and happy hunting, hope to see some of your exploits. 🫣

You definitely said something there for the Deus 2.  I didn't think the minimal weight difference would be that noticeable, but after a few hours I find myself switching arms on the minelab. lol

But thanks, yes, lets pretend in this future technology, they became so overloaded with features the only option was to make them self mobile.  Check out the unit in my profile pic. 😉

... and before anyone begins to think I'm trying to troll serious on the future thing, lemme state that I was messing with one of those AI art engines and prompted it for various metal detecting imagery.  few of which made any sense by modern standards. lol.

Screenshot_20230127_092607.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1