Filigree And Ihps - Mixed Bag Hunt

That's an interesting assortment of old. Nice IHPs. There is more there for sure.

• Like 2

Thanks JCR. I like to show the odd stuff I find, forgot to post the trash and the larger stuff:20230127_173130.thumb.jpg.0835397708c220aa9d8f1f9bf878374e.jpg

I'm thinking the triangular shaped object is either a file or a knife. I dug the two large pieces of iron because the tones were interesting, knew they were iron.20230127_173337.thumb.jpg.2f08be67ea802c5a1fa4bb6ec4c5e795.jpg

• Like 3

The thing that had a stone was probably a rosette.

That field is huge. Looking at that made my knees hurt :0

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice bunch of finds! Wish I could relic hunt right now but I'm limited to beach hunting right now due to frozen ground.

• Thanks 1

Another great hunt with some really nice finds, just when is the weather going to keep you out of the fields.

Just kidding as I enjoy seeing all the finds you have uncovered.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2023 at 11:42 PM, abenson said:

Nice bunch of finds! Wish I could relic hunt right now but I'm limited to beach hunting right now due to frozen ground.

Thanks! 

I love relic hunting, this year I have so many choices of places to go. To me it's preferable to beach hunting because the finds are so varied and interesting. Researching them is a great deal.

Being new to the hobby, I still have a long list of stuff to find, I've found gold but no gold coins as yet. I've found as much gold jewelry in the fields as the beach so far. Still saving history one piece at a time.

Beach hunting is great too, just a bit noisier and more people. I like finding jewelry for my wife and family, found a large Disney necklace my grand daughter wears all the time. I think I get a bit tired of the beach after the 10,000th time I get asked if I'm finding anything 🤪

Most hunting is over now so it's very peaceful in the fields, I don't need to go on the weekends so I generally don't see anyone.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, kac said:

The thing that had a stone was probably a rosette.

That field is huge. Looking at that made my knees hurt :0

It's a killer, you have to park in the farthest point from where the finds are. Got an even bigger one coming soon! About 5 times larger. 😀 That distance is about a half mile, glad I still find stuff coming back. The big filigree stamped rosette was my last find of the day not too far from the truck.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

just when is the weather going to keep you out of the fields.

Thanks VL 😀

I'm very grateful for the milder winter cycle we're in, the only real cold snap was right at Christmas when it got down to 9. Glad I had holiday cheer to spread instead of dirt. 😁

It's gotta be windy and in the low 30s or less all day to keep me in, or raining/snowing. I like to go the second day after a rain, most winter storms are followed by high winds this time of year (nor'easter) which dries the top, unless there is a frost overnight, then the top surface melts and gets muddy.

I do have some standards 🙄 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like you've got enough Indians now to start your own tribe there Chief 350 😄 Nice work as usual....me being a simpleton I had to look up "filagree" I'm like Oh yea those things lol...I don't know why but I like saving those round musket balls...thanks for the show and tell.  

strick

• Thanks 1