Can You ID This Watch Case?

I found this partial (dive?) watch at the beach last week. It is 37 grams and possibly brass that was plated at one time. Certainly has a vintage look to it. There were some internal parts that are still soaking in vinegar but I would appreciate any help in identifying it.IMG_20230127_195946__01.thumb.jpg.fbeb4a3a4fc548552202cc29996b9bb6.jpgIMG_20230127_201828__01.thumb.jpg.602ef7ec4b33c2fdf727335081ca4558.jpgIMG_20230127_202707__01.thumb.jpg.258a1932128c0a8bd862d5aea168f55d.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Was the stem still intact?

The stem is frozen in place. The crown was there before I started the cleaning. 😬

Those watch pins are a classic Timex style, grandfather has several packs of them.

The face I have seen somewhere before and I think it is from the 60's or 70's from what I can see in the base plate.

That has a newer style waterproof design to it that was from that time period I believe. I still use some of grandfathers old book from time to time, just to look up items that I find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My father thinks it is a Citizen 100 meter dive watch. He showed me grandfathers dive watch in a picture and it is close to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I think Citizens or Seiko.  Though Seiko dive watches usually have a stem and crown offset from the standard 90 degrees orientation (more like 120 degrees).  Sometimes the crown has some marks on it.  The rotating bezel is somewhat unusual with the Zero's between the 10 minute increments and its also unusual to see "60" vice "0".  The knurled bezel looks "Seiko-ish".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's a cool watch. Would be nice if you could figure out how to attack a new watch inside of it and use it. Even a digital watch. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

It's a cool watch. Would be nice if you could figure out how to attack a new watch inside of it and use it. Even a digital watch. 

There's a whole hobby centered around restoring/upgrading watches using vintage cases, so it is definitely something that can be done.

• Like 4