Nf Exceed's Hit Us Soil

5 hours ago, Dutchman4 said:

Does that indicate it might be flat wound?

No, the winding area is too thin based upon that image.

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

No, the winding area is too thin based upon that image.

Simple test when I get mine (today, tomorrow). Tiny bit of gold and approach the inner windings slowly until it beeps. The distance will be the telling point.

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

Simple test when I get mine (today, tomorrow). Tiny bit of gold and approach the inner windings slowly until it beeps. The distance will be the telling point.

yep, I do that with the smallest shotgun pellet the detector can possibly hit, you work out where the windings are real quick.

• Like 1

Not sure a flat wound coil would really be of any benefit. 

Biggest advantage of a flat wound d coil is sensitivity to small gold at depth.

How much smaller do you want to find? 

What it would do, it make it unstable and amplify hot ground, masking the signals and negating the advantage of the sensitive machine....in my opinion anyway....lol

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TE Gold said:

What it would do, it make it unstable and amplify hot ground, masking the signals and negating the advantage of the sensitive machine....in my opinion anyway....lol

Yeah its a fine balance between extra depth and noise. Probably why Coiltek chose to stick to bundle-wound coils. The dual layer flat-wound coils do better with an elliptical design because the narrower width provides a lower ground signal for the processor to deal with. Am hoping that the 12x7 will prove this.....we'll see.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TE Gold said:

The stock coil is semi spiral wound, the Coilteks went back to bundle which is why they're less sensitive than the stock coil.  That's why people are wondering what windings the NF have.

Why don't they, Coiltek & NF, make both bundle wound & flat wound? Gives the end user another choice. So if your ground is mild. like ours is here in NZ. then you can chose a flat wound over a bundle wound for it extra sensitivity. That has to be an advantage right?

D4G

• Like 2

Hey Guys,

Hopefully we will hear some great reports soon.  All of my coils were shipped to customers this week, so I'm sure by tomorrow or Wednesday some reports will start trickling in.  The only NF coils for the 6000 to arrive on this batch were the 12x7 elliptical.  They seem very well built, pretty light, so we will see.  

Rob

• Like 4