Quest V80, V60 Coming Soon!!

I have had great luck with several Quest Detectors. Hyper Speed processor. Using multiple frequencies (80+). Will give it a look see when it becomes available.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

I have had great luck with several Quest Detectors. Hyper Speed processor. Using multiple frequencies (80+). Will give it a look see when it becomes available.

I have tested the X5 and Q30+  .  The X5 is the perfect machine for a beginner , I like this detector . The Q30+ is more sophisticated with wireless headphones . Both detectors are fast and reactive , easy to use , Quest knows how to make detectors  ...

Curious to see their new models . They will have to be very performing because of the competition , ML , XP , Nokta etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

That's really interesting, George.  So is the price point.  

Seems like everybody except First Texas is getting into MF.  

I gave up on them long ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, palzynski said:

I have tested the X5 and Q30+  .  The X5 is the perfect machine for a beginner , I like this detector . The Q30+ is more sophisticated with wireless headphones . Both detectors are fast and reactive , easy to use , Quest knows how to make detectors  ...

Curious to see their new models . They will have to be very performing because of the competition , ML , XP , Nokta ...

I have the X10 for friends and the Q30+. It's a great detector in my book, At a very low price point.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

George - this source says HyperQ (that's original) can transmit from 7khz up to above 80khz, but not 80+ multiple simultaneous frequencies.  It does say it will transmit 5,10,15, 20, 40, and 60 khz simultaneously (where's the 80 khz?).  It also seems they are contradicting themselves a la Minelab's Nox marketing information error on MultiIQ by conflating the multiple individual selectable single frequencies with the HyperQ SMF frequency range, as metal detector designers know that trying to blast 6 frequency waveforms into the ground simultaneously is not necessarily a good SMF implementation.  All the other usual suspects and features are here - that's a good thing - as well as reasonable price points.   Sounds like the Quest "Hype" machine is going full blast. 

All that all being said, I have liked the quality of my Quest accessories and am interested to see what the V60/80 actually bring to the table and like that another manufacturer has entered the simultaneous multi-frequency detector fray (good for competition).

• Like 3