Quest V80, V60 Coming Soon!!

Andy Sabich is one of the testers in the U.S for the V80, just found this out yesterday so we shall see what the outcome is, also why are there no dealers listed on Quest website for the U.S for North America there are only dealers in Canada I can only imagine what shipping cost for a detector would be from Canada to the U.S

10 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

I think Hyper Q is 80.

the way I read it, it is on both the V60 and V80, maybe I am miss understanding it though

I traded for a Q40 a few years ago.  When I got it, it wouldn't ground balance.  I contacted Quest and was told to send the control box and the coil in for repair.  In a few weeks they sent me a brand new detector, with an additional coil.  Nice people to deal with and they responded quickly.  Last spring I ordered an X10 Pro for my grandson to use in the water.  When I saw how well it worked, I had to get one for myself.  It's my ride along.  I would use it anywhere and not feel like I was at a huge disadvantage.  All for $199.  I don't have plans for a Deus II or a Manticore, but I'm sure I'll buy a V80.  Whatever you've heard about Quest, I can tell you they make good detectors.  They're not just First Texas copies.  Not even close.    

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Shenandoah Digger said:

I traded for a Q40 a few years ago.  When I got it, it wouldn't ground balance.  I contacted Quest and was told to send the control box and the coil in for repair.  In a few weeks they sent me a brand new detector, with an additional coil.  Nice people to deal with and they responded quickly.  Last spring I ordered an X10 Pro for my grandson to use in the water.  When I saw how well it worked, I had to get one for myself.  It's my ride along.  I would use it anywhere and not feel like I was at a huge disadvantage.  All for $199.  I don't have plans for a Deus II or a Manticore, but I'm sure I'll buy a V80.  Whatever you've heard about Quest, I can tell you they make good detectors.  They're not just First Texas copies.  Not even close.    

are you located in the U.S, which I assume by your user name you are but we all know what happens when someone assumes something, LOL, I have never read anything but good about the Quest Line of detectors, but I have been reluctant to order one because I never could find out where you send it to get service or warranty, the ones that are listed for north America are all in Canada

• Like 1

I'm from Virginia and contacted them through their website.  I had a lady there email me in the middle of the night (daytime for them) and said to send it in and they would repair it.  I sent it in and a few weeks later they sent me a Q40 box with all new ingredients.  Everything.  Can't do better than that.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

Hyper Q seems to be what has that ability to transmit 80.

George, I'm just going by what Quest actually wrote in their marketing materials.  Nothing there about 80+ simultaneous frequencies. 80khz is the top end frequency in simultaneous multi-frequency but, like Nox, Manticore, Legend and D2 we are probably  talking 2 or at most 3 frequencies being transmitted simultaneously.  It really doesn't matter though.  As Steve said. what matters is how they are processing the resulting target signal and how it ultimately stacks up against Legend, Nox, Nanticore and Deus 2.  On paper it looks really great and the mega bundle looks like a great value.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

George, I'm just going by what Quest actually wrote in their marketing materials.  Nothing there about 80+ simultaneous frequencies. 80khz is the top end frequency in simultaneous multi-frequency but, like Nox, Manticore, Legend and D2 we are probably  talking 2 or at most 3 frequencies being transmitted simultaneously.  It really doesn't matter though.  As Steve said. what matters is how they are processing the resulting target signal and how it ultimately stacks up against Legend, Nox, Nanticore and Deus 2.  On paper it looks really great and the mega bundle looks like a great value.

No worries. Will see how it does in the hands of a Newbee like me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Andy Sabich is one of the testers in the U.S for the V80, just found this out yesterday so we shall see what the outcome is, also why are there no dealers listed on Quest website for the U.S for North America there are only dealers in Canada I can only imagine what shipping cost for a detector would be from Canada to the U.S

I wonder if he is still testing his detectors at the "Construction Site" near Atlanta? After 20+ years I would have "Fired that job Super?😇 Inside joke. Andy is cool.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shenandoah Digger said:

Absolutely right my old friend.