Quest V80, V60 Coming Soon!!

On paper it looks great, and the design is fantastic.  I'd prefer it not to be orange but I'd get over that.  It might be well worth keeping an eye on this detector, 60/80kHz seems appealing to me.  It even looks to come with the Quest Wirefree receiver.

Has all the bells and whistles too.

This maybe my first Quest detector,  I have the Quest Wirefree mate and it's an awesome little wire free kit, just never drops out.

• Like 5

I wonder how the Gold Mode will do with the 9"x5" coil? I'm betting the "Special Gold Theme" is referring to VCO audio. Nice thing is the Gold Mode is included in the base V60 model, whereas Minelab withheld it from the Equinox 600.

Separate control for transmit (TX) power - nice! Don't think any of my detectors since the V3i has had that.

• Like 5

What could be the benefit of this?

• Embodied gyro sensor

• Like 1

Have never tried a Quest Detector before but I will have to admit these two sound intriguing to me.

May have to get one just to see if they work which is all that matters to me, just like the Legend it just works and works pretty dang good

Just now, phrunt said:

What could be the benefit of this?

• Embodied gyro sensor

yeah I was wondering about that, what the heck is a Gyro Sensor

From what I could tell it only has a Manual ground balance, unless I miss read that is this correct it comes with only manual ground balance only

Although in Dutch this video gives a decent run down of it, you can just use Youtube's translate to get subtitles in english.

I like what I see. 

Here is the gyro sensor settings page.

1477193096_Gyrosensor.thumb.jpg.a3b6ef7c3fa189c634f253cca8ee0417.jpg

I think maybe it detects if you're pumping the coil and performs the ground balance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

It's a safety feature.

When you've detected for too long, the gyro senses that you're almost falling over and turns off the detector.

I was thinking it was something to communicate with little green men, or the Grays, maybe the reptile men LOL

isn't the GYRO a sandwich maybe it tells you when it is time to take a break and eat a sandwich

• Haha 1